Emotion Kayaks Advant-Edge

I have only had this boat since May 21st 2010, and…

I have only had this boat since May 21st 2010, and have used it on several lakes and the Susquehanna River. I like it for the most part, but I have a hard time getting it to go straight. That might be because of my inept paddling, but I don't know because I haven't really tried a lot of different models and brands.

Also, any wind seems to send me off course where I have to paddle on one side for ten or twelve strokes to point this thing in the direction that I need to go.

I do like this boat, and it has done everything that I've asked it to do so far. I will be paddling on some local, larger creeks in the near future, and may come back and amend my review as I paddle more and get better accustomed to this boat. It's only fair to give it a while for me to become more kayak proficient. The boat may be fine, it might just be operator error!

Emotion designed the Advant-Edge Kayak with a hybrid design that offers an ideal mix of speed and stability. Whether you're a recreational paddler looking to stay in shape, or looking to up the ante and take a multi-day river expedition, you'll appreciate the Advant-Edge's steady tracking and versatility.

The Emotion Kayaks Advant-Edge(TM) offers a smorgasbord of features at an incredible value. Hybrid hull offers a blend of speed, stability and performance that's suited to exploring calm waterways such as twisting creeks and large lakes. Specially compounded rotomolded polyethylene hull resists abrasion and UV light, and it offers good looks at a great value. Large cockpit opening makes it easy to get into the boat with some extra gear, and recessed coaming maximizes paddle stroke area (spray skirt not included). Dual-density foam seat and backrest offer padded comfort from launch until takeout; adjustable footbraces keep you poised to paddle. Seat adjusts forward and backward using a strap and pull tab; backrest features an adjustable angle. 2 large side pockets with netting make it easy to sort out jumbled gear; interior space with a dry box offers a handy spot to store valuables. Bulkheaded stern increases flotation and helps keep items in the aft hatch dry. Aft hatch seals with a neoprene gasket and bungee cords. Security loops make it easy to tie the boat off and also double as carrying handles.

Emotion Kayaks Advant-Edge

The Emotion Kayaks Advant-Edge is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 23, 2012 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new recreational kayak, check out the best reviewed current models.