Equinox Vapor Barrier Liner

This product is well constructed and performs extremely…

Summary

This product is well constructed and performs extremely well. It is lightweight and well worth the additional weight in the winter setting.

Pros

• Keeps bag dry
  • Increased performance from sleeping bag
  • Packs easily

Cons

• Hard to get use to sleeping in

I have ventured into winter backpacking and after my first three-day trip and an extra 10 pounds to my pack gained from my sleeping bag a barrier was in order. Originally going to make one, but this one made of the same material I had gotten design for and I could not make it for that price.

Well constructed and keep my bag dry and keeps me dry and warm. Compared to my first trip I was much drier and warmer using this vapor barrier than no barrier. Little hard getting used to sleeping on the material which was the only hurdle to overcome.

This product was very simple to get into the bag prior to me getting in. Packed it right in the bag itself so as not to have to worry about another item in the pack and made for ease of use.

This for the value performed as expected and advertised. It is well constructed and believe it will provide years of good trekking in the winter.

While the vapor barrier only comes in a reg and long, wish it had come in a mummy style as well, was a little hard to get into my Hard Rock mummy bag. Once there performed great. The weather was cold and I was warm and dry, as was the bag. This would be the only con outside of getting used to sleeping on the nylon type material.

G00SE

Thanks for the review, Sean. I've read a lot about vapor barriers. I'm curious. You said you slept "warm and dry." I thought vapor barriers created moisture for the sleeper, as it prevents body vapor from escaping? I'd be interested in hearing more about your experience.

newfiebound

There is some actual science behind the use of one which is what sold me on its use. However like all good science real life application is the best convincer. My experience was I felt warm, as compared to when I did not use one the experience was a dry cold, my suggestion is try with out and with. Maine especially coastal Maine has a reputation for a wet cold feeling, without the barrier that is just what I felt like in my bag which was rated at zero deg. The use of the vapor barrier is great especially in a coastal area and think that it depends on area elevation and of course the user. The link is below well worth the read before purchasing. Like any piece of gear I spend time hitting the blogs and seeing what other have to say about using and specific ones as to which is the best fit. http://warmlite.com/vapor-barrier

If you've owned or used an Equinox Vapor Barrier Liner, please share your experience.

Equinox Vapor Barrier Liner

The Equinox Vapor Barrier Liner is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new sleeping bag liner, check out the best reviewed current models.