Esatto Classic Hiker - Women's

I've had my Esatto boots for two summers now and I…

Materials: Leather
Use: rough trails, rough bushwhacking
Break-in Period: 2-3 months!

Summary

I've had my Esatto boots for two summers now and I can't say enough good things about them!

After years of hiking long distances with my toes pinched from boots that were sold as 'Wide' (HA!!!), I broke down and committed the money to these handmade boots, hoping that finally I would not be in pain after a hike.

When they arrived, I admit I had to laugh. My feet are very short and very wide — especially at the toe box, so the boots, though handsome, look like Hobbit Boots. I put them on and fell in love. At last, all of my toes had room. My feet could move in a natural motion.

These boots are not of the 'fast and light' variety. They are tough, rugged, durable and, the only drawback, a bit heavy. They actually took a couple of months of hiking to truly break in and move due to their dense, solid sole. But, if you are a hard core hiker, with feet that don't fit in store bought boots, please consider taking the plunge and purchasing from these guys.

I hike 'off trail' in Alaska. Through willow and alder, onto scree and talus, boulder fields, sharp granite...and these boots support my feet in an unhindered fashion. No wear on the soles yet, the leather remains water resistant even in Alaska's rainy wet hiking conditions.

I ripped one of the eyelets out bushwhacking through alder, sent them back for a repair. The guys fixed them with no questions or problems and sent them back quickly with no charge.

Bottom line: Excellent company, wonderful workmanship, truly the best thing you could ever do for your feet if you love to hike and climb.

I'm only giving a 4.5 because they ARE heavy compared to store bought boots. I'll never be without them.

Esatto boots and arches are great. They are custom…

Source: I went to Esatto, had my feet measured and they made the boots for me.

Summary

Esatto boots and arches are great. They are custom made by a professional who is knowledgable and skilled in boot making.

Pros

• They give a great fit.

Two years ago I had a pair of Esatto summer boots and arches made.   My feet are unusually bad, both are too wide (one is wider than the other) they are pronated, and I have bunions and hammer toes.  I took a chance and had the light summer boot made with arches, and they turned out great.  The boots are exceedingly comfortable.  They fit perfectly, and that was from the first time I wore them.  I needed no break-in time and my feet have been comfortable from the first time that I wore them. They are great hiking boots, they hug the rocks well. I have been wearing them for two years and I always look forward to wearing them. If your hiking boots are giving you problems, I suggest that you have a pair of Esatto boots made.  Your feet will thank you!

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Classic Hiker versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 8 reviews for other versions of the Classic Hiker. Read all reviews »

Esatto Women's Classic Hiker

No price on record.

The Esatto Women's Classic Hiker is not available from the stores we monitor.

ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 2 Review