I live in Florida where the thunderstorms are frequent…

Design: freestanding
Ease of Setup: very easy
Weight: 6 lbs.

I live in Florida where the thunderstorms are frequent and numerous--therefore, I wanted a tent that could stand up to wind and water. I looked at many more expensive brands and after reading several reviews, settled on this one. It came through a very severe thunderstorm bone dry on the inside and solid on the outside. I did seam-seal the area of the tent near the vent that is not covered by the vestibule. Don't spend hundereds on a backpacking tent. I've been tenting all my life-- I am thrilled with the weatherproofing on this tent, and you will be also. Two doors and two vestibules as well as excellent ventilation provide for a great trip anytime of the year.