Eureka! Canoe Pack 115
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $120
The Eureka! Canoe Pack 115, is a large, waterproof backpack made for expedition canoeing. This pack holds a lot, has a good padded harness and is the ideal way to carry most of your gear when portaging.
- Large size
- Durable and waterproof material
- Nicely padded waist and shoulder straps.
- Weak lifting handle where top shoulder straps are located.
For expedition canoeing where long portages will be encountered you'll need something that can hold most of your gear, yet is durable and easy to carry on your back. The Eureka Canoe Pack 115 fits the bill.
Made of a tough, durable and waterproof vinyl material, this large pack has an interior volume of 115 liters (hence the name). Other than a food barrel and a small day pack, this is the only storage solution we take on all our canoe trips. The huge interior has plenty of room to easily store two sleeping bags, two self-inflating mats, a three man tent,two small pillows, clothing and rain gear for two, a pair of hiking boots, a stove and extra fuel bottle, a cooking grill, and a small tackle box.
In three seasons of use it has stood up well, except for the small 'lift handle' located at the top near the shoulder straps. I've torn this a few times and have had to make repairs. This pack has two other handles that are much larger and fastened to the pack in a more secure manner. I'm not sure why Eureka! skimped on this third handle!! It's the only frustrating thing about this otherwise great canoe pack.
Lots of padding on the shoulder straps and around the waist belt make it comfortable on the long haul.
Where to Buy
The Eureka! Canoe Pack 115 is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may want to check pricing and availability directly at these Eureka! retailers:
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.
Large capacity canoe pack that can also be used for rooftop luggage, and river rafting.
- Contoured and comfort padded shoulder straps complete with a sternum strap.
- Fabicated using highly durable and waterproof 600D and 1000D polyester
- Two strategically positioned rubber hoist handles are great for lifting the pack from boats, trunks, rafts.
- D-ring lashing points for attaching extra gear.
- Water tight roll top closure.
- Fully padded expedition hipbelt.