Eureka! Cimarron 15

I backpack and car camp mostly in Alabama and the…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Eureka Thermashield
Temperature Rating: 15
Weight: 4.1 lbs
Price Paid: $40 at CSP Outdoors

I backpack and car camp mostly in Alabama and the south in all 4 seasons (3 seasons for you Northern & Western folks), but have spent 7 nights on the AT in various places and the C&O canal Towpath in Maryland.

It is difficult to fault this bag for the price. I have slept in it in weather from 20 degrees to 50 and have never slept cold. The quality of manufacture is superb, it compresses to 8 X 12, the material feels good and did I say it was WARM! I have had no problems with the zipper or drawstrings, and the fleece pillow holder in the hood is very convenient. I just place 2 pieces of 2" egg crate foam inside it and instant fleece pillow inside the hood.

The only problem I have with the bag is the weight. At 4.1 lbs, it is too heavy for my lightweight backpacking ensemble. I carried it once, on a 4-day, 3-night trip and while sleeping was great, my load was way too heavy. I now use it only when I car camp with family, Scouts, and RA's.

Pros - Warm, comfortable, and compresses well

Con - Too heavy to backpack more than overnight

Bought this bag for canoeing and trekking the Adirondacks.

Design: mummy
Fill: synthetic
Temperature Rating: 15 degree
Weight: 3.6 pounds

Bought this bag for canoeing and trekking the Adirondacks. I ran into a few nights of frost on last outing which was my Cimarron's first. Hard frost with ice on the tent fly had forced me during the night to put on my hiking socks, my longjohns, and my skull cap to stop shivering. Prepared the same for the next two nights of lesser frost. Stayed out a couple weeks more and the night temps rose so without all the sleeping add-ons the bag is OK to about 35 degrees at best. It would be an excellent 40 degree bag.

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Cimarron 15 versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Cimarron 15. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used an Eureka! Men's Cimarron 15, please share your experience.

Eureka! Men's Cimarron 15

The Eureka! Men's Cimarron 15 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 11, 2012 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.

fall 2010 regular long