Eureka! Eagle Point

Temperature rating -15 F / -26.1 C
Fill ThermaShield synthetic
Shape mummy
Max user height 6 ft 0 in / 180 cm 6 ft 6 in / 200 cm

I have 3 season packed for 15 years, this is my first…

Design: mummy
Fill: Thermaloft
Temperature Rating: -15 F
Weight: 6.8 lb

I have 3 season packed for 15 years, this is my first winter season. I bought the Eagle Point because of the low cost. I'm happy with it as a beginner cold weather hiker.

I use a Hennesy Hammock Super Shelter, so have plenty of extra room in the pack. My hiking area is the central part of Massachusetts, presently with much snow. The Eagle Point has been warm in the coldest weather so far, 19 deg. with no cold spots, or other discomfort.

It is possible to compress the bag into my pack, making a two night trip possible. I like the bag's ample size, shoulder draft stop, and large foot box. The bag was unaffected by contact with condensation on the inside surface of my hammock tent. My feet accidentally slid out of the hammock one night, but, it did not wake me, the bag was that warm.

The only thing I would like to see improved: the zipper unzips with the slightest tug, and runs off the end, it needs a velcro tab at the end. And, the fleece hood liner is baggy, and can be annoying.

I'm looking forward to colder nights this season. I would recommend this bag as a starter, but, the bulky size would make unexperienced use for packing a little daunting.

Eureka! Eagle Point

The Eureka! Eagle Point is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 11, 2012 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new cold weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.