Eureka! Getaway 2500

Great bag, when hiking with a partner with a larger…

Number of Pockets: 2
Height of Owner: 5'10"

Great bag, when hiking with a partner with a larger bag. For example, when my wife and I hiked some 42 miles (or so), we took our time and completed it in 4 days... we took our time.

I carried the food, water, and cookware, stove, and some my clothing -mainly all the heavy consumables that were small. She carried my sleeping bag, her sleeping bag, a ground cloth (piece of tyvek), here clothes, and a small amount of water. We brought way too much food, but this litttle bag worked fine.. however only if you're willing to work out a system like this, and constantly move gear to replace the consumables to keep it "fair." We did skip the tent, this trip, but were prepared to use the ground sheet as shelter if needed.. this never needed to happen.

Overall it's a great pack, for day packing.. and can work when in a pinch, again if travelling with a partner with a larger bag who is willing to "rent real estate in exchange for weight." My only complaint is the storm lid, which limits the use of the "would be extension collar."

Yes, it's a WAL*MART bag.

I've never known the volume of the bag.. I always assumed it was 2500 ci. because of the name, but today, when finding the link, I noticed the dimensions of 7.5 x 12 x 20.5. This equals 1845 ci.. much smaller than what I assumed, but hey great size for daily use weather it's to/from town, up/down mountains, or a bus ride.

Single compartment bag with top access. Tapered, foam-padded shoulder straps with recessed buckles. Adjustable sternum strap. Conical-cut, padded hip belt contours to hips; dual adjusting side-release buckle. Padded back panel with venting channels. Spindrift collar protects gear and allows for overstuffing. Fitted storm lid for extra top protection with built-in pocket for small gear. Multiple compression straps secure storm lid and stabilize load, top-to-bottom and front-to-back. Internal pocket for standard hydration bladder (not included). Multiple lashing points including web daisy chains on front with attached carabiner. Web haul handle. D-rings for compass, sunglasses, lip balm. 600 denier polyester body, 900 denier polyester bottom. Color: Dark and light grey with red & yellow trim.

- Campmor

Eureka! Getaway 2500

The Getaway 2500 has been discontinued.

The Eureka! Getaway 2500 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 11, 2009 at Campmor.