Eureka! Grand Manan 7

Great tent! Too heavy for backpacking, but great for…

Ease of Setup: Easy set-up

Great tent! Too heavy for backpacking, but great for car/tailgate camping. Spent 3 days and two nights camping at our Scout Ranch for training. Put this tent up in a drizzle and the rainfly in a down pour. Took about 7 minutes total. Get some practice in (like I did) because the rainfly is a little tricky. It rained most of the night and drizzled the next day, but the inside of my tent stayed dry all weekend.

I purchased it because it looked as though it had good air circulation. I was not disappointed. Plus the sides come up straight for about 18 inches which allows for more room for my cot. I read other reviews on other sites wherein some complained about the tent poles coming apart while taking the tent down, however if done correctly this won't happen. Just keep the ten secured to the ground, unhook the four corners from the poles, let the poles lay flat, push one end of the pole until it is completely inside the sleeve, then gently pull it out from the other side. No problems.

This tent is described as 2-3 persons. I guess 3 could sleep on the floor, however, if using cots then only 2 will fit. This tent also has great vetibules. Kept my gear dry during the rain. Awesome!

If you've owned or used an Eureka! Grand Manan 7, please share your experience.

Eureka! Grand Manan 7

The Eureka! Grand Manan 7 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 19, 2013 at Campmor.