Eureka! Grand Manan 9
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $400
Awesome all-around tent. Big space, worry-free waterproof setup, and incredible ventilation. Perfect family tent, not for the backpacker but a must-have for the car camper!
- ventilation — no condensation
- lots of space — you can stand in it
- simple setup
- two vestibules for mega-storage
- big — buy a duffel bag to repack it
- stakes can be a little better quality
First of all my wife was "claustrophobic" of small tents. So we looked for one with good space but functionality and quality of a long-term investment. So here goes:
- Space — The Grand Manan has high vertical sides to give the interior lots of space. We store all of our gear in the back vestibule (2 doors) and use the other for the entrance. We fit an air mattress with plenty of space left over.
- Quality — It has rained on every trip we've taken from Virginia to New York. Hard rain and strong wind gust. No rain got in, no condensation and the poles are heavy duty. This tent is't going anywhere. We lent this tent to some friends. Being considerate they washed it. (NO!!!) No problems. It still remained waterproof as day 1. I must say that I have not seam sealed the tent as they suggest.
- Functionality — It is pretty easy to put up. Two poles cross over the middle and it pops up. The fly however is a little tricky for the first time. Just read the directions and you'll get it. Plenty of pouches built in and you can purchase extras. We did but we don't really use them. Now unless you're a professional material folder, good luck trying to roll your tent into the bag you received the tent in. Save yourself time and headache. Get a medium-sized duffel bag and you will thank me.
This is a car camping tent only, unless you're superman and don't mind the weight. This is a luxury tent in an armor body. Buy some extra stakes though as the one they provide may not be suitable for all types of terrain.
Where to Buy
Here's what other sites are saying:
The Eureka Grand Manan 9 sleeps up to five people by utilizing straight lower walls to maximize useable interior space. Cots and other furniture can be positioned close to walls and conveniently out of the way.
The Eureka! Grand Manan incorporates a new concept in tent design providing moreuseable floor space The lower portion (the bottom 12") of the walls is straight, eliminating the unusable space where the walls meet with the floor, maximizing the floor area Additionally, the sides of the fly roll up from the ground for optimal airflow through the tent The Grand Manan is a dome tent withfiberglass poles and two D-shaped doors, and has outdoor vestibules for shoe andgear storage
You get a comfortable front-row view of the surrounding wildlife--animal or human--when you camp in the Eureka Grand Manan 9 Tent. This four-person (or five, in a pinch) three-season tent features a versatile 3-in-1 fly that lets you enjoy your own 'front porch' when you set up the vestibule cover as an awning. The partially retractable sides of the fly also let you enjoy fresh air and views, even when the weather is not cooperating.
Description of Eureka Grand Manan 9 TentAround the globe and across the street, Eureka has been bringing families and friends together in the outdoors for more than 100 years. Their field-proven tents, shelters and sleeping bags are ready to take on everything from the rigors of an Everest expedition to the rowdiness of a backyard sleepover. With innovative features, the products are designed for a lifetime of use, providing the comfort that makes it easy for you to enjoy life outdoors.The Grand Manan 9 sleeps up to five people by utilizing straight lower walls to maximize useable interior space. Cots and other furniture can be positioned close to walls and conveniently out of the way.FeaturesSleeps 4-5Floor Size 9 x 9Pack Size 11 x 25Min Weight 21 lbs. 7oz.Seasons 3Tent Area 81 sq. ft.Center Height 62 pole dome tent with durable, shockcorded fiberglass frameStraight wall design provides 21 more headroom than a standard 2 pole dome tent and 16 more volume to accommodate an air bedSide-opening doors allow for easy entryEight interior pockets keep essentials close at handBathtub floor wraps up sides of tent, protecting against splashing and standing waterLarge, double point vestibules allow room for extra gearZippered access to the fly vent, through the vent in the tent body ceiling, provides extra ventilation optionsRemovable window flap can be stored inside the built-in pocket when not in useFull coverage fly rolls up, providing 4-way ventilation for maximum cool air flow to the interior via low mesh ventsArchitectureFrame 12.7 mm fiberglass, post grommetVents 4Doors 2Windows 4Vestibules 2Vestibule Area 52.39 sq. ft.Additional FeaturesGear Loft Optional, dome styleGear Loft Loops 4Flashlight Loop 1Storage Pockets 8FabricWall 68D 190T polyester taffeta, uncoatedFly 75D StormShield polyester, 1200 mm coatedFloor 75D 190T polyester taffeta, 1500 mm coatedMesh 40D no-see-um
- US Outdoor Store