Eureka! Singlis ST Large

The Eureka! Singlis ST is a very comfortable, light,…

Summary

The Eureka! Singlis ST is a very comfortable, light, and durable sleeping pad. This pad is for the hiker who does not mind the extra effort you exert to inflate the pad in exchange for the excellent comfort.

Pros

• Great comfort
  • Lightweight, compact

Cons

• Hand pump
  • 1.0 insulating value

This is my review of the Eureka! Singlis ST regular sleeping pad. To start here are some specs on the Singlis regular, not to be confused with the ST large because they are very different.

The ST regular uses an air tube system with integrated hand pump located on one end of the pad, some don't like this, it really doesn't bother me at all. The R-value is 1.0 ,very low, hence this is a temperate weather pad. It weighs 1 lb 6 oz. Size is 72" long by 20" wide. The inflated thickness is 2.8 inches which is great. I think most self inflating pads are 1 to 1.5 inches thick, not very much.

The top fabric is soft touch nonslip 75d x 150d polyester, the bottom is nonslip 150d polyester oxford ripstop. In other words the top is almost like a soft cloth, and the bottom is a rough, black, almost rubbery material. I am 6' 1" tall, 160 lbs the pad fits me perfectly, but some claim it is too narrow.

When deflated it fits into its included stuff sac, and is about the size of a foot long and 3 inches thick, sorry don't have exact specs on that, but it packs up great. The pad also comes with a repair kit with fabric patches for both sides.

The Eureka! Singlis ST regular sleeping pad is designed for the backpacker in warmer climates. Although it was 36° the last time I slept on my Singlis. I had a really good night's sleep. I was very comfortable and did not slip off the pad at any time of the night. The pad did not lose any of its air through the night. I would recommend this product.