Eureka! Tetragon 5

I give the Tetragon 5 a 5 star rating. Never had any…

Price Paid: 60 bucks

I give the Tetragon 5 a 5 star rating. Never had any problems. Always seal your seams and coat with campdry spray to waterproof. Common sense tells you to do that.

You know, it's funny how other reviews I've read are…

Design: 3 season free standing dome.
Ease of Setup: It's easy except for the rain fly!
Weight: 5 lbs.

You know, it's funny how other reviews I've read are stuff like "Greatest tent!" and "I give it 5 stars!". Well mine's different from that.

I bought the tent at a Boy Scout store in Marietta, GA. I got home and set it up that night and figured out it had many flaws! For example:

1. The Rain Cover had a minor tear in it even before I got it out of the box!
2. The piece on the pole that makes the little arch in the rain cover went missing (I have searched all over and have not found it!!!). Without it, the arch will not hold.
3. The rain fly itself is a battle to get it to cooperate during set-up! It seems to be too small for the tent.

If it came with all its proper equipment, I think it would be a very nice tent. I just didn't have that chance to enjoy it! :(

Well, I can't complain about the tent a lot. It held…

Design: Three season
Ease of Setup: Rather easy setup. I could complete it alone in a few minutes
Weight: Over 5 pounds, A clunker

Well, I can't complain about the tent a lot. It held up in some of the most adverse environments I have ever seen. Yet the tent still has some costly drawbacks for people that camp in the wet or backpack on a frequent basis like I do.

The tent holds up semi-well in the rain, but the corners of the tent let in water where the fly leaks water on it. Also, the fly doesn't quite fit onto the tent frame, a little too small. Another problem is the weight. I ditched this tent for an Eureka! Spitfire 1 because of the great weight difference. At over five pounds, this tent's a clunker. My new tent weighs in at only two pounds 13 ounces.

Nevertheless, for the 5 years of service it gave me as a scout, it held up well and earned the nickname "The Beetle" due to the low, round profile.

Yes, I would recommend this tent for people who camp on occasion and in the sunshine. If you wish to go backpacking, I recommend that you upgrade to a better tent. I hope you find this useful information.

I love it! This tent goes up in five minutes easily…

Design: Dome, 2 pole
Ease of Setup: very easy
Weight: 6 lb with ground cloth

I love it! This tent goes up in five minutes easily with one person and no fuss. Slightly heavey for backpacking but worth the weight to me. I have used it on wet campouts and stayed dry. The big plus over other tents is that it clips onto the poles instead of feed-through, this allows the poles to be attached at the corners, stood up and the tent attached in a few seconds by one person. Comes down fast also.