Weight 25 g / 1 oz
Size 50 x 9 cm / 19 x 3 in
Packed 9 x 4 cm / 4 x 2 in

Easy to use. At the beginning I had a hard time using…

Price Paid: It came with the pad

Summary

Easy to use.

Pros

• Weight
  • Size
  • Capacity
  • Excellent customer service

Cons

• You need some practice

At the beginning I had a hard time using it, but with some practice my DownMat UL 7 pad was ready in less than 3 minutes. You just need to get the "technique" and then to repeat it.

The pump came with my Exped pad.

On my second trip in the high mountains (10,000 feet and more) two of the sides of the ending part, which goes to the pad, just separated and the hole appeared large about an inch. I was supprised, because it was new and used only once before.

I still managed to use the pump, but it was quite difficult trying to close the hole, with one of my hands, or asking a friend....and I was on a 10-day trip !

When I came back to Canada I went on the Exped web site, and wrote an email to the Canadian reference explaining the problem. I got almost immediate answer, "Give us your adresse and we'll send you new." A week later I got it by the post. No questions, no invoices sent, excellent customer service !!!

I think the problem was with the glue and both sides just separated. Anyway, it just happened to me on a trip, but it is an excellent pump and when you learn the technique you can fill your pad faster.