Exped SynMat Basic 7.5

7.5 S 7.5 M 7.5 LW
Size 163 x 50 cm / 64 x 20 in 183 x 50 cm / 183 x 50 in 190 x 65 cm / 75 x 26 in
Thickness 7.5 cm / 3.0 in 7.5 cm / 3.0 in 7.5 cm / 3.0 in
Weight 625 g / 22 oz 720 g / 25.5 oz 940 g / 33.2 oz
Packed 21 x 12 cm / 8.3 x 4.7 in 24 x 11 cm / 9.4 x 4.3 in 25 x 14.5 cm / 9.8 x 5.7 in
Temperature -11° C / 12° F -11° C / 12° F -11° C / 12° F
R-Value 4.0 4.0 4.0

The Exped SynMat Basic 7.5 sleeping pad is one of…

The Exped SynMat Basic 7.5 sleeping pad is one of my favorite pieces of gear.  It's relatively light, packs small, is comfy and keeps me warm.

I decided to skip the model with the integrated pump and was glad I did.  It just takes a few big breaths to fill the pad up and the dual valves (inflate/deflate) makes it even easier.  I've used it during nights where the temps dipped into the low 20's and the pad did a very good job of insulating me from the cold ground.  I've also used it on a bed of rocks and was still able to get a good nights rest.

The pad does slide around a little bit, but not enough to be an issue.  A small stuff sack and repair kit are also included.  The material seems quite durable and is soft to the touch.

I would recommend this sleeping pad to anyone looking for a lightweight and packable pad that provides loads of comfort (3 in.).

Exped SynMat Basic 7.5

The Exped SynMat Basic 7.5 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 31, 2015 at REI.

If you're looking for a new air-filled sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review