Exped Wallcreeper PL 133g

I hiked the Vermont Long Trail end to end with this…

Design: mummy
Fill: Poly-pro ? synthetic
Price Paid: ????? can't remember

I hiked the Vermont Long Trail end to end with this bag during the summer of 2005. (All 270-ish miles ... and I was 50 years old. I brag ... I can't help it.) Its versatility more than makes up for its lack of warmth. The perfect solution is to bring along a lightweight liner, because the bag was perfect 90% of the time. I was in the Vermont mountains for a month and there were only two nights when I needed to beef up its warmth. There were many warmer nights however when I appreciated its venting possibilities.

The option to use this bag as a jacket is awesome. I could get up to pee in the middle of the cold night and not even have to get out of my bag ... if I was careful! I was the envy of everybody in the shelters when I walked around in the evening and mornings in my toasty "jacket".

What's more, I keep it hung up in my closet at home now because it's my favorite covering when I'm watching TV in our cold family room. I've really fallen in love with the thing!

Why didn't anybody think of this sooner? I'm so glad that I took the chance and bought this one in spring 2004, even though all I had for a recommendation was a Backpacker magazine review. They said it was great but kind of treated its versatility as a novelty instead of the long overdo innovation which it is. Double duty gear like this is worth its weight in gold when you're on the trail!

The only reason I give this bag four stars instead of five is that the temperature rating is much too generous. If temperatures are expected under 40 degrees F then bring along a lightweight liner. Otherwise its value is a "no brainer". Go ahead and buy it!!!

As the name implies, the versatile water-resistant Exped Wallcreeper PL Sleeping Bag Parka Blanket is a sleeping bag of many uses. Sleep through soggy spring bivouacs or wait out drizzling conditions on an alpine wall; water-resistant PrimaLoft Sport gives this versatile bag insulation for climbing in cold, wet environments. The lightweight, seamless ripstop shell packs down for minimal bulk in your pack. Zippered arm openings allow you to belay, boil water, or rack gear from the comfort of the bag. A drawcord-adjustable foot section allows the Wallcreeper PL to function as a sleeping bag when you have boots on. Tighten the bottom drawcord around your waist and the bag can be worn as a camp parka. A full-length center zipper allows easy entry and exit and lets the bag open into a blanket. Insulated pockets on the exterior of the bag give your fingers refuge during frigid belays. The parka-style hood uses elastic drawcords to create a tight seal that traps in warm air and keeps out cold, damp weather.

- Backcountry Outlet

If you're needing a lightweight sleeping bag, parka, blanket or liner, look no further than the versatile Wallcreeper multi-purpose bag from Exped which serves all of these functions thanks to its hood and zippered arm openings. Even when the weather gets wet, PrimaLoft Sport insulation ensures you'll stay ultra-warm.

- Mountain Gear

When going light can make all the difference, the Exped Wallcreeper PL 40 Degree Sleeping Bag is one item you'll want to throw in your pack. This multi-purpose sleeping bag is the ultimate chameleon. You can wear it cinched around your waist as a parka, extend it full length for lounging around camp (or quick bivying with your boots on), or zip it open as a comforter/blanket. When it's time to bed down, close everything up for the ultimate ultra-light sleeping bag. Zippered armholes give you convenient out of bag access for melting snow and sorting gear without leaving the comfort of your bag. A lightweight ripstop nylon shell, with efficient PrimaLoft Sport water resistant insulation, completes this versatile three season comfort system.

- Altrec Outdoors

On Sale. Free Shipping. Exped Wallcreeper 133 g PL 40 Degree Sleeping Bag (Fall 2009) The Wallcreeper PL Sleeping Bag by Exped is a versatile sleep system that functions as a sleeping bag, blanket, base camp parka or belay jacket. Zippered arm openings allow you to boil water, sort gear, or belay from the comfort of your bag. Specifications: Traditional North American rating: 40 F/ 4 C Average Weight: M: 35.3 oz./1000 g; L: 47.6 oz./1350 g Features: Full-length center zipper allows bag to open into a blanket Drawcord closure at foot section Parka-style hood with drawcord adjustments Exterior handwarmer pockets PrimaLoft Sport water-resistant insulation Lightweight Texped PA36 ripstop nylon shell; lightweight Texped PR 58 ripstop polyester lining Free-floating, seamless shell; tuck-stitch lining

Exped Wallcreeper PL 133g

The Wallcreeper PL 133g has been discontinued.

The Exped Wallcreeper PL 133g is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new warm weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.