Extrasport Splash Top - Short Sleeve

An excellent splash top if you can find them cheap…

Summary

An excellent splash top if you can find them cheap on STP.

Pros

• keep you mostly dry
  • protects from the wind and spray

I got one of these (in grey) and also the long-sleeve version (red and white) when they were sold at a steep discount on STP. Man, for the price, you could not beat it! I wish I had ordered more at the time!

I now use the long sleeve as my primary jacket when I do extended trips in the Everglades, both in my kayak and for hiking. It serves well as a windbreaker, paddling jacket, jacket for the 'cold' and even as a rain jacket in the occasional downpour..though I found I needed a rain hat to keep the water from running from my wet hair, through the neoprene gasket, and down my neck.

Still, for $25 I got an amazing multi-purpose garment. I even slept in this a couple nights because I was chilled in my hammock (still getting the temp differences figured out). They pack down really well too, almost taking up no space.

If STP ever sells these again, I say buy it!

Extrasport Splash Top - Short Sleeve

The Splash Top - Short Sleeve has been discontinued.

The Extrasport Splash Top - Short Sleeve is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 22, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new short sleeve paddle jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.