Feathered Friends Murre

Max user height 5 ft 3 in / 160 cm 5 ft 9 in / 180 cm
Shoulder girth 54 in / 140 cm 54 in / 140 cm
Hip girth 58 in / 150 cm 58 in / 150 cm
Foot girth 38 in / 97 cm 38 in / 97 cm

Excellent bag for anyone who sleeps cold and on their…

Summary

Excellent bag for anyone who sleeps cold and on their side.

Pros

• Warm!
  • Lofts well
  • Great for side sleepers

Cons

• Only goes up to 5'6" so taller people can't use it.
  • Price through store

I sleep cold and on my side.  The Murre, made specifically for women, lets me sleep warmly and on my side with my knees up too! I went winter hiking for the first time and was not cold at all in 20°F nights.

At 5'3", I ordered the 5"6" bag thinking that I would just fit in the smaller bag and feel cramped. I'm not sure if this is the right size because I have a lot of extra space at the bottom. It still kept me warm though.

It lofts up well and compresses fairly well. Since it is made for 0°F, I didn't expect something super small. The zipper only goes down to the foot box top which means that my toes were toasty. I can unzip it from the bottom if the night does get warm.

I would recommend this bag to anyone, male or female, who wants to stay warm at night and/or sleeps on their side.  For hot side sleepers, just get one that is not rated as low.

Feathered Friends' Murre is a moderate winter bag that can be used comfortably in the spring and fall, yet has kept climbers warm on Denali expeditions. With down clothing, you could use this bag on just about any summit attempt in the world.

Features:
* Continuous baffles
* Single draft tube
* 3D contoured hood
* Permanent collar
* Available in Epic (lightweight weather-resistant fabric) or eVent (waterproof-breathable fabric).

Visit Feathered Friends's Murre page.

Feathered Friends Murre

The Feathered Friends Murre is not available from the stores we monitor.