Figure Four Omega Pack

small large
Weight 4 lbs 10 oz 4 lbs 11 oz
Volume 50 liters 53 liters
Torso range 15.5-17.5 inches 17.25 inches and up

The Figure Four Omega Pack is an awesome all-round…

Design: top-loading
Size: 53L
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 25lbs
Height of Owner: 5'11"

The Figure Four Omega Pack is an awesome all-round pack.The pack I'm using is actually a prototype, which I got from Steve at Figure Four before the release of the final product.

My favorite aspect of the pack is its versatility. I've owned this pack for about six months and used it for local cragging, overnight backpacking, snowshoeing day trips and some low-key mountaineering. It has enough support to pack gear for an overnight trip, but is light enough, and compresses so effectively that it's a great day pack too.

I like that snowshoes strap really comfortably to the outside so you can bring them along if you're unsure of snow conditions. I found that gear loops on the hip-belt and shoulder straps have been useful as convenient clip-points for gear while wearing the pack on low-angle rock climbs. The hip-belt can also be integrated directly into a climbing harness, a feature that could be very useful, but which I haven't yet tried. Although I haven't truly loaded the pack to the max, for a big multi-day climbing/backpacking trip I would consider leaving the Omega at home in favor of a larger pack.

Overall, this is my go-to pack for most outdoor activities and it's held up well to the abuse I tend to put gear through.

The Ω (Omega) Pack's 50 L capacity has enough volume to carry supplies to camp, yet can still be compressed down to a light-and-fast alpine summit backpack. This mountaineering pack is designed specifically for scrambling and climbing peaks by combining a low profile and durable construction.

Exclusive features such as a climbing harness compatible hip belt (patent pending), a shoulder harness and lid that combine together into a small summit pack with the option of attaching removable gear slings (patent pending), and hybrid ice axe loops designed to carry either a traditional ice axe or modern ice tool allow the user to focus on the route and surroundings rather than their pack.

Visit Figure Four's Omega Pack page.

Figure Four Omega Pack

The Figure Four Omega Pack is not available from the stores we monitor.