FITS Sock Light Hiker Crew

As the name implies, the sock fits. Perfectly. Like…

Summary

As the name implies, the sock fits. Perfectly. Like a glove. Most comfortable sock I've ever worn.

Pros

• Warm
  • Soft
  • Great fit

Cons

• Pricey at $20+/pair

The Search. As I was outfitting myself for my climb up Mount Rainier this past September, the one area where I didn't want to skimp was my feet. I knew I needed socks so I looked around at many of the major brands like smartwool, etc. These Fits were recommended by the salesperson at Uncle Dan's in Highland Park. The packaging looked unusual because the second sock is stuffed inside the first. What I learned later is that the form factor of this sock is so perfect that it fits one inside the other.

The Fit. The first time I put these sock on, I was amazed. If you've ever worn cashmere socks, that is how soft these are! The fit is absolutely perfect. I wear a size 11 shoe and the toe box is always a little cluttered with seams that just don't quite sit flat across my toes. The Fits socks fit smooth and sung without feeling tight. Even better, the heel fits snugly and comfortably.

In Use. I wore a single pair of sock (no liners) on my climb. My feet sweat a LOT. Amazingly, I had NO blisters! The socks wicked well. My feet were comfortable and warm. I brought three pairs and rotated in between hikes. They are described as having medium cushion of Merino Wool. I found that there was good support of the whole foot, ankle, and lower calf.

I liked these socks o much they have become my everyday socks, replacing every pair of white cotton-blend sport crew socks I used to own. They seem to be holding up well to frequent wear and washing.

Specs:

• Crew Length–just below calf
  • Midweight design with cushioning
  • Double welted top so the sock always stays up and doesn’t bind or slip
  • Color coded seam on toe and indicator inside welt so you won’t forget your size or style

Fiber Contents (from manufacturer):

• Wool: 70%
  • Nylon: 22%
  • Polyester: 6%
  • Lycra Spandex: 2%

Nice review, Dave. Thanks for sharing it. I've also been impressed by my FITS socks.

A 20-mile day hike sounds like a good idea the night before, but make sure it is easy with light trail runners and the Fits Women's Light Hiker Crew Socks. This form-fitting sock provides all-day bunch-free foot bliss, and the merino wool and synthetic blend ensure temperature and moisture regulation, no matter if you splash through a puddle by a creek or burn up a sweat as you storm the peak. Fit's Full Contact Fit incorporates a a heel lock with extra-deep Y-shaped stitching and ample cross stretch, and a dynamic toe cup that conforms to the natural shape of the toes. It's the ideal fit with no chafing, hotspots, slippage. Twenty miles' That's nothing.

With heel to toe cushioning, the Light Hiker socks from Fits Sock Co. will keep your feet nice and protected without weighing you down. The Merino wool blend of the Light Hiker naturally wicks moisture away from the feet, so you'll be nice and dry, no matter how long you're out on the trail. PRODUCT FEATURES: Dynamic Toe Cup - contours to the shape of your toes Heel Lock - super deep heel pocket with ample cross stretch locks the sock on your heel Full Contact Cuff - stays in place due to a tighter ankle and looser calf (proper gradience) Crew Length just below calf Lightweight design with cushioning only on the bottom of your foot Double-welted top so the sock always stays up and doesn t bind or slip. Color-coded seam on toe and indicator inside welt so you won t forget your size or style Materials 65% wool 27% nylon 6% polyester 2% Lycra spandex

- Appalachian Outdoors

The FITS Light Hiker Crew Sock keeps you comfortable using Merino wool which contours to your feet and wool's natural ability will wick away moisture and regulate temperature while out in the woods. Sculpted Shape Deep Heel Pocket - Shaped like your heel to lock the sock in place Engineered Toe Pocket - Allows room where you need it without bunching Lightweight design with cushioning only on the bottom of your foot

- OMCgear

Get your FITS and take a hike! The FITS Light Hiker Crew is cushioned from heel to toe and contours to your foot, keeping you comfortable utilizing Merino Wool's natural ability to wick moisture and regulate temperature while trailblazing.Crew length - just below calf.F3 Technology - FIT, FEEL, AND FUNCTION.Overall even fit and sculpted shape.Deep heel pocket - shaped like your heel to lock the sock in place.Engineered toe pocket allows room where you need without bunching.Highest quality materials ensure amazing feel, stretch, and recovery.Lightweight design with cushioning only on the bottom of the foot.Double-welted top so the sock always stays up and doesn't bind or slip.Color-coded seam on toe and indicator inside welt so you don't forget your size or style.Made of Merino 65% Polyester 6% Nylon 27% Lycra 2%

- Campmor