Five Ten Ascent

Gauranteed, any shoe that is made by Five Ten I will…

Pros

• Straps

Cons

• Laces

Gauranteed, any shoe that is made by Five Ten I will stand by. Their products are solid and worth their value. I have narrow feet and can tell that Five Ten shoe fits really well for my foot..but that all depends on your feet measurements and sizes...buy a pair.

I purchased this pair of shoes roughly four years…

Materials: Leather
Use: long trad routes, slab climbing
Break-in Period: 2 weeks (a little stretch)

I purchased this pair of shoes roughly four years ago and use them esclusively on long trad routes. The EVO sole cushions impact on descents and boudering, but for me it serves its purpose hanging out on belay ledges. They smear on both low and high angle friction like a dream as the C4 rubber is just amazing.

I wanted to size them a 1/2 size larger to accomodate the digets, knowing full well that the purpose for these shoes was of the "all day" nature. I feel, despite my decision for comfort, that I lost little to no performance. They edge nicely, though not quite as good as their counter part the VCS or Galileo, but sufficient for what I climb with them.

The velcro makes them great for easy on easy off changovers and the sensitivity rivals that of the Moccasym. Some find the split padded tongue a hinderance, and I have even heard it said that it makes the shoe a bit sloppy and hot. I have found neither to be true, but certainly any time you add padding to a shoe, some compromises will have to be made. This is a great intermediate, to advanced intermediate shoe and can't be beat on the epic journey on stone we often take!

Free Shipping. Five Ten Ascent Climbing Shoe (Spring 2006) The Ascent Climbing Shoe by Five Ten is the ultimate vertical mileage shoe. The Velcro Brand closure provides easy exit and entry. Take these top performers anywhere precision and comfort are required: on long routes in the Valley, overhanging roofs in the Gunks, endurance bouldering or Birthday Challenges. Specifications: Weight: n/a Leather upper Stealth C4 soles Molded PU heel cushion Stealth TO treaded heel Velcro brand closure Dual pull-on loops Padded split tongue Side exit heel seam

The Five Ten Ascent Climbing Shoes belong on the feet of climbers who put in long days on the rock. Everything about these Five Ten shoes screams for multi-pitch trad routes and 20-pitch days of sport climbing. Their VELCRO -brand closure saves time putting them on before a pitch and lets you loosen them at the hanging belay. The Ascent Shoes also have a neutral last for all-day comfort. A padded heel makes long gully descents much more pleasant. The Ascent Climbing Shoes lined uppers reduce stretch and deliver excellent out-of-the-box fit.

- Backcountry Outlet

The Five Ten Ascent is the ultimate vertical mileage shoe. The VELCRO® Brand closure provides easy exit and entry. Take these top performers anywhere precision and comfort are required: on long routes in the Valley, overhanging roofs in the Gunks, endurance bouldering or Birthday Challenges. These shoes are far and away an OMC staff favorite! Five Ten Ascent Features: Leather upper Stealth C4 soles Molded PU heel cushion Stealth TO treaded heel VELCRO® Brand Closure Dual pull-on loops Padded split tongue Side exit heel seam Sizing Conversion Chart

- OMCgear

Five Ten Ascent

The Ascent has been discontinued.

The Five Ten Ascent is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 30, 2010 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new climbing shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.