Five Ten Freerunner

First let me say that I have purchased many 5.10 shoes…

First let me say that I have purchased many 5.10 shoes for the purpose of free running and these are the first that were sub par. To be honest they're very comfortable, they feel great and they look great. I liked them a lot.

Now after wearing them for one month and barely doing much more then walking in them, the rubber is falling off the bottom, and separating from the sole, something you usually see in a sneaker after about 6-8 months of regular use. The stealth rubber is so soft that I've already warn a few of the rubber nodes down in the ball area.

Compared to my first pair of Prodigys, which are always out of stock mind you, they just do'nt rate. I wore my Prodigys all the time for the better half of a year, and only retired them when I fell into a vat of oil with them.

If you're on the fence about them, feel free to get off it. I also owned the K-swiss Ariakes, and enjoyed many more sessions of training, walking and running in them and actually purchased a second pair. I still love 5-10, nothing beats stealth rubber. I just exchanged my Freerunners for Insights (since Prodigys were out of stock).

Visit Five Ten's Freerunner page.

Description of Five Ten FreerunnerBecause of Five Tens commitment to innovation and performance, Five Ten is the shoe-of-choice for the worlds top climbers. Even climbers who are paid high-dollar salaries to wear other brands secretly resole with Stealth rubber. From hiking to paddling to mountain biking, recreational and expert athletes alike know that Five Ten means more than footwearFive Ten shoes are essential equipment for adventure. Supple EVA midsoles with tentacle-like Stealth rubber outsoles make these shoes standard gear for freerunners and anyone who wants cleverly disguised performance in a comfortable shoe.FeaturesWeight Size-9 13.4oz379.88gStealth rubber outsole

- US Outdoor Store

Though also a great climbing/approach shoe the Freerunner is a shoe that is designed with freerunning in mind.

- GearX.com

Supple EVA midsoles with tentaclelike Stealth rubber outsoles make these shoes standard gear for freerunners and anyone who wants cleverly disguised performance in a comfortable shoe Weight Size 9133oz37705g

- Bentgate.com

Five Ten developed the Freerunner with a supple EVA midsole and tentacle-like Stealth rubber outsoles. This makes these shoes standard gear for freerunners and anyone else who wants cleverly disguised performance in a comfortable shoe.

- CampSaver.com

Five Ten Men's Freerunner

The Five Ten Men's Freerunner is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 11, 2013 at Bentgate.com.