Five Ten Guide Tennie Mid

Very good shoe — great for use on climbing approaches,…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Very good shoe — great for use on climbing approaches, just replace the laces before using them.

• Sticky!
  • Supportive

• Laces are slippery and not very good
  • Tricky to guess size without trying on first

Love this shoe, very sticky sole.

Not sure if I love the ankle height yet, feels a bit like it's cutting into my legs but probably just needs to be broken in.

My one main complaint so far is that the laces are terrible — so slippery, hard to tighten. I will just replace the laces though, easy fix.

I also was not able to find these shoes anywhere in AZ (Tucson, Phoenix, Flagstaff) to try them on before buying, so I had to guess. My guess was far off but I talked to a Five Ten rep and she was very helpful, I was able to exchange them for the right size. It's always a bit tricky to figure out the size for these climbing shoe brands, doesn't exactly translate from street shoe size.

My street shoe size is Womens 7.5
Originally bought Mens 6.5
Exchanged for Mens 5.5, fits well
My climbing shoes in this brand (Five Ten Rogue VCS Women's) are a size Women's 8.5, UK 6.0, EUR 39.5, CM250  for reference.

Would definitely recommend as an approach shoe or hiking shoe if you like to scramble and rock hop a lot.
Recently used them in Red Rocks (NV) and it felt like cheating to walk down slabs of sandstone. Very comfy and sticky, would buy again for sure!