This is a great shoe. The Prima, despite its scant…

Materials: Stretch uppers
Use: Bouldering, gym climbing
Break-in Period: almost none

This is a great shoe. The Prima, despite its scant appearance, is a great performer, comfortable out of the box, and I have no problems whatsoever keeping it on my foot. Since it was cheap, initially I just bought it to be a "gym shoe" so I wouldn't tear up my Sportiva Miuras (also a great shoe) indoors at the gym, but the Primas have become my go-to shoe for bouldering, because they are so easy to get on and off.

I bought a 1/2 size smaller than my street shoes, and they fit great. I'm going to stockpile these so I can keep wearing them after FiveTen no longer has them in stock.

WOW! I have to say I was super skeptical when I first…

Use: Bouldering
Break-in Period: Broke in after a few uses
Weight: NOTHING!!!
Price Paid: $40-rep

WOW! I have to say I was super skeptical when I first saw someone wearing these. I thought, "How the heck is THAT going to stay on your foot?" Well, surprisingly well! There was a Five Ten rep at a comp I was at, so I thought I'd test them out. I boulder and do a lot of heel hooking, and I NEVER thought these would be as sweet as they are. They're super light, very flexible and comfortable, and somehow they don't slip off my heels even when digging in on a thin edge! Great! I love 'em. Buy a pair! You won't regret it! I DO feel like a precise little ballerina in these!