Five Ten Prima Slipper

This is a great shoe. The Prima, despite its scant…

Materials: Stretch uppers
Use: Bouldering, gym climbing
Break-in Period: almost none

This is a great shoe. The Prima, despite its scant appearance, is a great performer, comfortable out of the box, and I have no problems whatsoever keeping it on my foot. Since it was cheap, initially I just bought it to be a "gym shoe" so I wouldn't tear up my Sportiva Miuras (also a great shoe) indoors at the gym, but the Primas have become my go-to shoe for bouldering, because they are so easy to get on and off.

I bought a 1/2 size smaller than my street shoes, and they fit great. I'm going to stockpile these so I can keep wearing them after FiveTen no longer has them in stock.

WOW! I have to say I was super skeptical when I first…

Use: Bouldering
Break-in Period: Broke in after a few uses
Weight: NOTHING!!!
Price Paid: $40-rep

WOW! I have to say I was super skeptical when I first saw someone wearing these. I thought, "How the heck is THAT going to stay on your foot?" Well, surprisingly well! There was a Five Ten rep at a comp I was at, so I thought I'd test them out. I boulder and do a lot of heel hooking, and I NEVER thought these would be as sweet as they are. They're super light, very flexible and comfortable, and somehow they don't slip off my heels even when digging in on a thin edge! Great! I love 'em. Buy a pair! You won't regret it! I DO feel like a precise little ballerina in these!

If you've owned or used a Five Ten Prima Slipper, please share your experience.

Five Ten Prima Slipper

The Five Ten Prima Slipper is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 5, 2012 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new climbing shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.