FlyWeight Designs FlytePacker Packraft

Weight 35 oz
Capacity 310 lbs
Length & Width 67 in x 46 in

The Flytepacker raft by Flyweight Designs is a great…

Source: bought it used

Summary

The Flytepacker raft by Flyweight Designs is a great lightweight stillwater rafting option for mountain lake fishing. The $299 price tag and weight of less than 3 lbs appeal to backcountry fisherman.

Pros

• Less expensive than comparable rafts
  • Very packable (9"x12")

Cons

• External seams cause drag
  • External seams can fray
  • Go out of stock quickly on company website
  • One air chamber presents safety risk on water.

I purchased my raft used on a packrafting forum only because that was the only place that I could get my hands on one. Because of their popularity they are almost constantly out of stock. When a new batch does come onto the market it sells out remarkably fast.

I have been using my raft for 1 year now and I have taken it to over 100 mountain lakes all over Washington. The strong 200D polyurethane material is resistant to abrasion from rocks and other lake debris. I use my raft in conjunction with the Instaflator which has an adaptor for the boston style valve. It takes approximately 4 bags full to inflate the raft.

I personally use hand paddles to navigate, primarily doing a sort of backstroke motion like a water boatman beetle. I feel that oars or a traditional kayak paddle would be overkill for the small raft.

The raft is capable of holding up to 310 lbs. The floor is not inflated, so many people use an inflatable pad to sit on as a layer between them and cold lake water. The company has more recently come out with a sort of skin that adds durability and aerodynamics (and weight) to the raft.

Overall, it is a great raft that packs up small and is much cheaper and lighter than other competing rafts.

FromSagetoSnow

This thing looks fun. I could see using this in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness a lot. What did you use to inflate it?

1 year ago

The FlytePacker ultralight packraft is made for calm water crossings, alpine lake lounging, and landing the lunkers at your favorite backcountry fishing hole.

Key Features

Lightweight - The FlytePacker is the lightest packraft currently in production.

Durable - All seams a radio frequency welded for strength and durability. No toxic glues are used in the manufacturing process.

Strong - The FlytePacker has a weight capacity of 310lbs.

Compact - The FlytePacker folds down to a packed size of 9 x 12 inches.

In addition to these great features the FlytePacker also comes with an ultralight mesh stuff sack that doubles as an anchor bag, and an emergency trailside repair kit.

The FlytePacker is proudly made in the USA!

FlyWeight Designs FlytePacker Packraft

The FlyWeight Designs FlytePacker Packraft is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new packraft, check out the best reviewed current models.