50 60 70 80 90 100 110 120 130 140
Length 205 (trim to fit with Trim Tool) 205 (trim to fit with Trim Tool) 205 (trim to fit with Trim Tool) 205 (trim to fit with Trim Tool) 205 (trim to fit with Trim Tool) 205 (trim to fit with Trim Tool) 205 (trim to fit with Trim Tool) 205 (trim to fit with Trim Tool) 205 (trim to fit with Trim Tool) 205 (trim to fit with Trim Tool)
Width 50 60 70 80 90 100 110 120 130 140
Weight 385 g / 13.6 oz 448 g / 15.8 oz 511 g / 18.0 oz 573 g / 20.2 oz 635 g / 22.4 oz 696 g / 24.5 oz 758 g / 26.7 oz 820 g / 28.9 oz 883 g / 31.2 oz 946 g / 33.4 oz

Decent traction but a bit less glide than other brands.

Price Paid: $40 on sale

Summary

Decent traction but a bit less glide than other brands. Tip metal loops need RIVETING to stay attached! Tail clips are fine.

Pros

• Good traction
  • Good tail clips

Cons

• Tip metal loops become detached (glue lets go)

My G3 Expedition skins are 10 years old but still work OK even though getting worn down a bit and needing seasonal re-applications of glue.

My gripe is that the metal loops (which must be sized for your wide or narrow ski tips) tend to let go when the self-glued skin that doubles back to hold them lets go. I had to rivet my loops in place. Newer style "tip pockets" may be a better answer but may wear fast too.

I will try some spray-on glide enhancers next season B/C the Expedition skins don't glide as well as some other brands of skins.

The tail clip and tensioning strap works well on both my narrower Asnes Combi Combat Norwegian army skis (bought new - in the US only at Neptune Mountaineering) and my wider Atomic TM 22 Tele skis.

So I don't know ANYTHING about skiing. Can you post some pics of how these skins work? It would really help the review.

Thanks for the review, Eric. I have the same skins, but I don't have another pair to compare them against.