Garmin Forerunner 205

Dimensions 2.1 in x 2.7 in x 0.7 in / 5.33 cm x 6.86 cm x 1.78 cm
Display Size 1.3 in x 0.8 in / 3.3 cm x 2.0 cm
Display Resolution 160 x 100 pixels
Touchscreen No

I typically run 10k through the forest and the trail…

Price Paid: 220 Euro

I typically run 10k through the forest and the trail is covered by trees 80% of the time. Previoulsy I tried the Forerunner 201 which kept losing the signal so I upgraded to the 205 which has never lost the signal once. It does exactly what it says on the box and really well!!

I bought this device as a tool for training mainly…

I bought this device as a tool for training mainly on trails. On power up, the 205 picks up a signal and location within a few seconds. In clear conditions the device performed well giving accurate pace and distance data.

However under full or marginal cover from trees the pace information was way off (e.g. often reading 10mins/mile following a previous clear reading of 7mins/mile). This occured regularly during the trail run compromising the device's effectiveness as a training tool for trail runs with tree cover.

I reluctantly returned it to REI today.

Garmin Forerunner 205

The Garmin Forerunner 205 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new gps receiver, check out the best reviewed current models.