Garmont Dakota Plus

I could not be more satisfied with this boot, by far…

Use: rough trail or anytime I can
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 198#

I could not be more satisfied with this boot, by far the most comfortable I have ever owned. Virtually right out of the box and into the Grand Canyon for 6 days and did not get a single blister or have any discomfort for the whole trip. Was very surprised with this. (I do wear sock liners and thick packing socks).

First bought them 5 years ago and since then have done the GC 3 more times and still have no problems. I look forward to any trip when I can wear them or even weather that is cold enough just so I can have an excuse to wear them.

Truly one of the best pair of shoes I've purchased…

Use: Daily use, mountain construction work
Break-in Period: 1 week
Weight: 180 lbs.

Truly one of the best pair of shoes I've purchased yet. The combination of comfort, durability and warmth that you would expect from a shoe of this price. After 3 weeks of continuous use straight from the box and an almost instantaneous break in period, I'm left a little perplexed by the other reviewer's criticisms about the near total fit failures. There is a small area of pressure across the tendon ramp but I'll blame the shape of my foot and anew shoe on this "issue". Very pleased and look forward to buying my next pair which won't be necessary until years from now.

One of the most disappointing purchases I have made.

Materials: leather
Use: rougher trails with moderate to hevy loads
Break-in Period: see above

One of the most disappointing purchases I have made. Comfortable right out of the box, with no blistering for the first few trips. Had thought I had found a new favourite. However, after less than a year of unexceptional use the leather starting softening to the extent that I could not lace the boot to avoid serious toe jamming and blistering. Too late by this time of course to return them.

A nice tread and seemed well constructed otherwise. Possibly this boot would work if the leather had been thicker.

I have had similar problems with Garmont boots before where a seemingly clever design reveals later serious faults and as a result I will not buy their products again.

The toes shrank to the point I could not get my feet…

The toes shrank to the point I could not get my feet in them. I had purchased two pairs. The rubber toe shrank on one pair and the toes separated on the second pair. I had purchased them at MEC and they fully refunded the money. They did fit nice in the begining but within two months they began to be unwearable.

Garmont Dakota Plus

The Dakota Plus has been discontinued.

The Garmont Dakota Plus is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 9, 2006 at Moosejaw.