Garmont Eclipse III GTX XCR

I've worn these shoes nearly every day for months…

Break-in Period: none

I've worn these shoes nearly every day for months now, and am very pleased. I have used similar shoes for daily wear for 10 years now, but these are my favorites. This is probably because of the fit which is generous and supportive. My feet have stayed dry with one exception of once in really wet conditions when they got a tad damp.

The shoe has a nice wide fit which I need, yet I have not experienced any toe jam on downhills. I was even able to take these out for a run once when I was on vacation, and didn't expect to have time to get a run in. They seem to be durable, except the fabric on the inside of the heel which has pulled loose, but not affected comfort or performance. Then again, maybe I should unlace the shoes before I take them off.

My initially high opinion of the Eclipse has been…

Materials: mixed
Use: hiking walking
Break-in Period: comfortable out of the box
Weight: about a pound

My initially high opinion of the Eclipse has been revised downward because the soles of both shoes are falling off/delaminating. I'll rate the shoes high for comfort. There was no break in required. The fit suited my larger than average foot.

They get a 0 for durability. The soles failed long before their was any significant tread wear. I will not ever buy another pair of Garmont footwear.

I love the Garmont's overall but I am a little surprised…

Materials: leather, gore tex
Use: Hiking and casual
Break-in Period: none

I love the Garmont's overall but I am a little surprised that the soles are wearing as quickly as they have! Other than this the shoes are comfy dry and fit very well, no break-in was required and that is a great thing!

If you've owned or used a Garmont Eclipse III GTX XCR, please share your experience.

Garmont Eclipse III GTX XCR

$124.95 (men's)

The Garmont Eclipse III GTX XCR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 12, 2013 at Moosejaw.