Garmont Eclipse III GTX XCR

I love the Garmont's overall but I am a little surprised…

Materials: leather, gore tex
Use: Hiking and casual
Break-in Period: none

I love the Garmont's overall but I am a little surprised that the soles are wearing as quickly as they have! Other than this the shoes are comfy dry and fit very well, no break-in was required and that is a great thing!

My initially high opinion of the Eclipse has been…

Materials: mixed
Use: hiking walking
Break-in Period: comfortable out of the box
Weight: about a pound

My initially high opinion of the Eclipse has been revised downward because the soles of both shoes are falling off/delaminating. I'll rate the shoes high for comfort. There was no break in required. The fit suited my larger than average foot.

They get a 0 for durability. The soles failed long before their was any significant tread wear. I will not ever buy another pair of Garmont footwear.

I've worn these shoes nearly every day for months…

Break-in Period: none

I've worn these shoes nearly every day for months now, and am very pleased. I have used similar shoes for daily wear for 10 years now, but these are my favorites. This is probably because of the fit which is generous and supportive. My feet have stayed dry with one exception of once in really wet conditions when they got a tad damp.

The shoe has a nice wide fit which I need, yet I have not experienced any toe jam on downhills. I was even able to take these out for a run once when I was on vacation, and didn't expect to have time to get a run in. They seem to be durable, except the fabric on the inside of the heel which has pulled loose, but not affected comfort or performance. Then again, maybe I should unlace the shoes before I take them off.

Visit Garmont's Eclipse III GTX XCR page.

Free Shipping. Garmont Men's Eclipse III GTX Shoe SPECIFICATIONS of the Men's Eclipse XCR Shoe by Garmont Upper: Nubuk + Synthetic leather + Synthetic fabric Lining: Gore-Tex XCR Sole: Vibram G3+2 Component Set: Vibram G3+2 Weight: 505 grams (1/2 pair size 81/2 US) Applications: Day hikes, Mountain town everyday, Outdoor casual / urban / campus VIBRAM G3+2 Component Set Midsole: Polyurethane (PU) for protection and durability Spine: TPU, with specific zones to achieve specific functions Heel stability Decrease of initial pronation at mid foot and forefoot Protection from anatomically angled grid for natural flex Outsole: Semi blocked heel design for braking and deceleration security Rear facing forefoot lugs provide toe-off traction Mid-foot lugs are large and square for added stability

Whether dodging puddles on soggy mountain trails, or dashing from your car to the snow-covered front steps of your door-step, Garmont's Eclipse III GTX shoes provide waterproof comfort and supported stability. GORE-TEX XCR linings with water-resistant suede protect your feet from precip while mesh inserts provide breathability.

- Mountain Gear

A shoe with the heart of a boot, Garmont's Eclipse III GTX stabilizes light pack loads while providing the mobility and speed one expects from a shoe. Gore-Tex vents out moisture during active wear and protects you completely from water.

- EMS

The human species didn't spend millions of years evolving the ability to walk upright so you can just throw it all way because your shoes are crap. Slippery-soled shoes can leave you scrambling after your more human buddies on even the easiest approaches. The durable Garmont Eclipse III Hiking Shoes with Gore-Tex XCR help you keep your footing on all kinds of terrain so you don't have act like an ape.

Garmont Men's Eclipse III GTX XCR

The Garmont Men's Eclipse III GTX XCR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 12, 2013 at Moosejaw.