Garmont Flash III XCR

I purchased these because I have a hard time finding…

I purchased these because I have a hard time finding boots that fit wider feet. I am on my second pair and had the first pair for 2.5 years.

I have done day hikes up to 20 miles, light backpacking (30lb) for up to 20 miles, climbed 14K peaks in talus and boulder fields and even wore them snow shoeing.

These are the only light hiker 4" boots that have a lacing system that allows me to go from the ankle eyelet to the top eyelet hook and back down to the second from top eyelet hook.

After 2.5 years the leather and rubber toe cover finally split.

I found the Garmont hiking boot really good in design.

Materials: gore-tex
Use: rough trail w/ heavy pack / rainy season
Break-in Period: 7 Months
Weight: 65 kilograms

I found the Garmont hiking boot really good in design. It has a good sole grip and the fit to my feet is ok.

The thing I found not good to me is the sole, and in tropical country like Philippines, you should have a better hiking boot, and what happened in my Garmont hiking boot, it separated the sole from the body of shoe.

While breaking in boot feels ok, then completely fails…

Materials: garbage
Use: light pack 16mi
Break-in Period: 8 weeks
Price Paid: too much

While breaking in boot feels ok, then completely fails on the trail. 2 whole weeks to get my feet back to normal.

Garmont Flash III XCR

$139.95 (men's)

The Garmont Flash III XCR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 14, 2014 at Moosejaw.