Garmont Fusion Mountain Guide

After suffering through a season of lost nails, cold…

Materials: leather
Use: mountaineering
Break-in Period: very short
Weight: light
Price Paid: $450 CDN

After suffering through a season of lost nails, cold feet and monster blisters, I decided to sell my Nepal Top's and get something that fit my wide (EE) feet. After trying on 7 different mountaineering boots (Salomon, Scarpa, La Sportiva, HanWag, etc.), I tried a pair of the Garmont Fusion Mountain Guides. The fit was instantly comfortable. After two hikes up to an alpine hut (Bow Hut - Cdn Rockies 5 hrs return), I was sold.

Recently I just finished 4 days on the Wapta Icefield and am happy to report that there were no hotspots, the boots were warm acct the StormBloc lining, they stayed dry (Nikwax) and they performed flawlessly on rock, ice, snow etc. because of the "made for Garmont" Vibram Ranger outsole. The boots are also very light and torsionally stiff. I can finally put away my duct tape blister prevention tape. For those of you who have wide feet and trouble fitting into mountaineering boots, give these a try.