Garmont Momentum Snow GTX

I got a pair a year ago. They felt stiff out of the…

I got a pair a year ago. They felt stiff out of the box but I figured a little break-in period was needed. I used them steady during a three week cold snap we had and my feet (especially my right foot) froze (with merino wool socks) even while active as a courier.

Besides the cold feet I had an unbearable pain in the front of my shin (like it was putting pressure on the muscles that I use too lift my foot) from the ankle support, no matter how loose I left the laces it would dig in!

On a side note I will mention that the laces are way too long and wrapping around the ankle is a must to avoid huge loops. I managed too wear them for a few weeks until I couldn't stand it anymore and switched too an old pair of boots.

I dug them back out last month for a retry and the ankle section was still digging in, so I chopped down the laces and stopped tying up the ankle section and still no resolve. Last week I finally had enough with the boots due to getting wet inside from having them tied up so loose and got a pair of Keen winters (warm and comfy).

I have had these for about 5 months. The traction…

Price Paid: $99 at REI

I have had these for about 5 months. The traction is great for snow and light mud. If you are in thick mud or clay they tend to get clogged and you have to pick the dirt out. But you will always have dry toasty feet.

I normally wear a 12-13 boot , I got these in a 13. even with light hiker socks with a heavy hiker over it there is still a bit of room for another layer. So they do tend to run a little bigger. I have a wide foot and they fit great. They are super-light , easy to take on and off.

If it's just chilly outside and you wear these they might be too warm. My feet tend to be very toasty and seem to be optimal to wear at freezing or below. I have done some backpacking with these in central oregon at about 10 degrees F. My feet stayed plenty  warm.

They will not make your feet sore and maybe took half a day to break in. No hotspots on my feet and would recommend to anyone that wants a warm casual boot for light work around the ranch to hiking. not ideal for 40 degrees plus hiking....feet will be too warm. but you will not have wet feet.

Great winter boot for the price.

CLOSEOUTS . Garmontand#39;s Momentum Snow Gore-Texand#174; hiking boots are right at home on snow-covered trails and in frigid temperatures. They feature 400g Thinsulateand#174; insulation and durable, waterproof breathable construction. Available Colors: BLACK. Sizes: 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5, 13, 14.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

The Garmont Momentum Snow GTX is a cold weather boot for extreme winter recreation. Ideal for winter hiking and snowshoeing. Aggressive traction and warmth to protect you from the elements. Extra volume toe box provides room for thick socks.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

Whether you're hiking in the dead of winter, snowshoeing to your favorite yurt, or shoveling off your neighbor's driveway, the Men's Garmont Momentum Snow GTX Boot will provide the necessary protection every step of the way. A heavy dose of Thinsulate insulation keeps you toasty warm while the leather and Cordura upper with Gore-Tex XCR blocks wet conditions. The X lugged Winter Grip Outsole ensures you maintain a firm footing wherever your winder adventure leads.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

When the snow-covered trail beckons, you can depend on Garmont's Momentum Snow GTX. Built for winter hiking and snowshoeing, the outsole brings a heel that acts as a braking edge on descents while widely spaced X-shaped lugs dig deep in snow and ice. GORETEX uppers, 400 grams of Thinsulate insulation, and a large toe box built for extra socks fend off winter's bite. With an articulated TPU Spine and EVA midsole, you'll get the support and stability of your summer hiking boots.

- Mountain Gear refers to the men's version

Free Shipping. Garmont Men's Momentum Snow GTX Boot The SPECS for Upper Weight: 1/2 per pair: 551 gram Leather and Cordura mesh Web lace loops for quick lacing and better fit innbindings Gaitor ready with D ring 400 gram Thinsulate insulation Full Rand for protection and suport Warmth Rating: -35 F / -37 C Gore-Tex XCR waterproof breathable reliability The SPECS for Sole EVA Midsole for lightweight cushioning Articulated TPU Spine with Heel Stability Decreased initial pronation at midfoot Forefoot protection Anatomically angled grid for a natural flex Winter Grip Outsole Bi-density compound for grip on both hard and soft surfaces Widely spaced X shaped lugs provide traction on snow, ice and mud True heel provides braking edges for descents

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version