Garmont Montello II

Really comfortable and durable trail shoe that I don't…

Summary

Really comfortable and durable trail shoe that I don't use on the trail — ended up liking them too much for everyday wear

Pros

• Great looking

Cons

• None

Couldn't be happier with these pups. These are the kind of shoes that could easily handle plenty of outdoor adventure but I'm hesitant to rough them up because they look so sharp I don't want to put any wear on them.

Sizing is spot-on for me. These were a little stiff out of the box but it didn't take long to get them feeling just right. These feature numerous anatomically-contoured design features (toebox, tongue, laces, and ankle collar are all offset in ways to fit the foot in a more anatomically correct fashion according to Garmont) and I am a believer —once broken in they feel absolutely wonderful.

I initiated them on a 5-day trip where they were used as casual wear with lots of walking, and they felt great and handled several days of rainy weather just fine. Haven't done any serious hiking in them because I ended up liking them too much for casual wear, but the treads are substantial and the quality is tops — I fully expect they'd hike well. I can't find anything to complain about here.

If you like their looks — and I think they look really handsome — then go for it. A great shoe that's comfortable, well-made, and sharp looking.

This footwear was comfortable, however when hiking…

Break-in Period: 1 year
Price Paid: $160 CDN

This footwear was comfortable, however when hiking in wet grass they became soaked and didn't dry well at all. I had to throw these out.

If you've owned or used a Garmont Men's Montello II, please share your experience.