Garmont Nasty

I have a high arch and a narrow heel, medium toe span.

Materials: some kind of non goretex material
Use: hike/approach
Break-in Period: none
Weight: a pound/pair
Price Paid: under 100 Ca

I have a high arch and a narrow heel, medium toe span. I loved the assymetrical look of these so I tried them.

To my happiest discovery, these shoes are now my favourite hikers and approach shoes. They allow my complete foot to flex; they wrap around my midfoot like a glove; the arch support makes for stability; and these are not mushy shoes at all. Great grip as well.

The best thing is that they seem to be helping me resolve my achilles tendonitis problem. It seems that 40 years of boot use has limited the ability of my foot to flex properly, so the achilles has been stressed out and taking all the stretch, instead of the entire foot.

I recently used the Nasties to approach Mt. Sir Donald, and on the steep ascent to the bivy camp, with a big heavy pack, my achilles actually felt like they were improving with every step.

I'm keeping these babies and hope Garmont continues making them.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Nasty versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Nasty. Read all reviews »

Garmont Women's Nasty

The Women's Nasty has been discontinued.

The Garmont Women's Nasty is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 22, 2009 at Sierra Trading Post.