I gave these 5 stars for the fact that, one they fit…

I gave these 5 stars for the fact that, one they fit my feet perfect and have an excellent heel cup. Second, I wore them straight out of the box on a weekend trip with 50 lb pack without a blister. And I usually get heel blisters in the beginning. I use them for heavy backpacking and mountaineering. They make a nice balance to give you one boot for packing in for an overnight or two and like 3-season mountaineering. I tried the Sportiva Glaciers, for same purpose but could not get them to fit my feet.

The craftsmanship is solid so far and waterproofing has worked, I've aslo added Nikwax. The vibram soles are excellent on rock and ankle support excellent on steep slopes and with crampons. I was looking for more a classic looking boot. I hear excellent things about Scarpas but ordered these first. They fit so well I stuck with them. I'm really in between a 10.5 and size 11. But I ordered 11s and they fit perfect. I would say they may run very, very slightly smaller. I've tried 11s in other manufacturers that were larger.