Garmont Pinnacle

I gave these 5 stars for the fact that, one they fit…

I gave these 5 stars for the fact that, one they fit my feet perfect and have an excellent heel cup. Second, I wore them straight out of the box on a weekend trip with 50 lb pack without a blister. And I usually get heel blisters in the beginning. I use them for heavy backpacking and mountaineering. They make a nice balance to give you one boot for packing in for an overnight or two and like 3-season mountaineering. I tried the Sportiva Glaciers, for same purpose but could not get them to fit my feet.

The craftsmanship is solid so far and waterproofing has worked, I've aslo added Nikwax. The vibram soles are excellent on rock and ankle support excellent on steep slopes and with crampons. I was looking for more a classic looking boot. I hear excellent things about Scarpas but ordered these first. They fit so well I stuck with them. I'm really in between a 10.5 and size 11. But I ordered 11s and they fit perfect. I would say they may run very, very slightly smaller. I've tried 11s in other manufacturers that were larger.

CLOSEOUTS . Take on any topography in Garmont Pinnacle backpacking boots and you won’t be disappointed. From craggy mountain ridgeline to upland trails, these boots are made for tough treks. Suede upper with 360-degree rubber rand Metal lacing hardware with speed hooks Fully gusseted tongue keeps out debris Comfort Climate System footbed Crampon-compatible Vibram(R) all-terrain traction outsole Height: 6- ” Weight: 4 lb. 4 oz. pr. Medium width CLOSEOUTS . Romania. Visit our Hunting Gear Guide Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

A light mountaineering and backpack-able crampon boot. Abrasion resistant seamless split grain leather plus an integral forefoot rand/outsole deliver durable performance. Recommended by NOLS and Outward Bound West for their courses.This item contains the following Garmont technologies: Upper: 2.8 mm seamless Heavy Suede Lining: Cambrelle Insole: Nylon, reinforced with Fiberglass Frame: FrameFlex Fiberglass Sole: Vibram Nepal Garmont Shock Absorption: TriMicro midsole Weight: 950 grams (2.09 pounds) for 1/2 pr size 8.5

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

Garmont Pinnacle

The Pinnacle has been discontinued.

The Garmont Pinnacle is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 25, 2009 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.