Garmont Sitka GTX

I used this boot for 2 weeks hiking on the Crest Trail…

Materials: Gore-Tex
Use: Day hikes with light pack on mountain trails
Break-in Period: None!
Weight: Light

I used this boot for 2 weeks hiking on the Crest Trail and surrounding area near Ruidoso, New Mexico, and at White Sands National Park.

Overall, I like it as a trail hiker boot. Caution: The boot has a narrow last. I had to get 1/2 size over my usual New Balance shoe size and they were still snug. The vibram sole is soft and flexible, but I had no problem walking over rocky trails. The upside is that the boot has a really cushion like walk and is very light. I was able to hike the very first day with no break in issues.

They have a nice toe cap and good protection including an additional leather cap over the inside ankle bone. My favorite comment is that the laces stay tied. The lace material and weave seems to hold on itself and I could go all day without having to retie.

I did not test the GoreTex waterproofing as the trails were pretty dry and I only had a little rain to walk through.

Overall, the boot is very comfortable for long trail hikes with a light pack. I felt protected and never noticed the boots unless I was thinking about them. They seem very well made and I had no damage or seam failures. The boots are a bit pricey, but I got my money's worth.

Visit Garmont's Women's Sitka GTX page.

Weather on Alaska's southern coast can be drippy, but that shouldn't deter you from hiking the coastal ranges - and it won't when you're wearing Garmont's Sitka GTX Hiking boot. No matter the weather, your feet will stay dry thanks to a waterproof GORE-TEX lining while your ankles and arches are supported by the anatomically directed design and EVA midsole.

- Mountain Gear refers to the men's version

An all-weather hiking boot with the support and comfort you are looking for when carrying a light pack, the Garmont Sitka GTX Hiking Boot is waterproof, breathable and doesn't much more than your average trail shoe. When the trail gets tricky or rocks get slick, the new TSO Vibram(R) outsole will give you the confidence and traction to keep on trucking. Built with nubuk leather and minimal seams for long lasting durability, the Sitka GTX are the ideal year-round boots and are even designed to easily slide into snowshoe bindings.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

The Garmont Men's Sitka GTX Hiking Boot is a solid investment for the serious year-round hiker. Garmont put enormous attention to detail into this boot's design so you can hike mile after mile without worrying about discomfort. Wear this supremely versatile boot on a short summer day hike, a multi-day backpack, or a winter snowshoe-it's designed to withstand any and all of it.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . If you’re looking for boots that can stand up to rigorous treks in rugged backcountry terrain, look no further than the Garmont Sitka hiking boots. Durable leather upper with waterproof breathable Gore-Tex(R) membrane and abrasion-resistant toe rand. Nubuck and suede upper Speed lacing hooks for fast fit adjustments Gusseted tongue Comfort Climate System insole Aggressive all-terrain traction rubber outsole Height: 5” Weight: 3 lb. 4 oz. pr. Medium width CLOSEOUTS . China. Visit our Hiking Footwear Guide Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

Garmont Sitka GTX

$169.95 (women's)

The Garmont Sitka GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.