I have trouble finding boots that don't have eyelets…

Materials: nubuck
Use: trail work, day hikes, overnight hikes with heavy pack
Break-in Period: 1 week

I have trouble finding boots that don't have eyelets that press the nerves on top of my feet wrong, or ones that actually holds my heel with a GOOD insole (nice arch/ deep heelcup).

I love these boots most of the time, but on descents even if I played with how my insole controlled foot pronation, my big toes jammed the front. Couldn't tighten the laces on the bottom enough. If you make the laces too tight in place, ankles irritated.

Otherwise I LOVED this boot, but my toes hurt. No heel blisters if wore right combo of socks. I got blisters when I first wore these boots. I use a thicker, black SOF Sole insole to take up volume and use a medium weight hiking sock and I am fine. Sometimes I use a lw sock with a liner and that does the trick too.

One other issue myself & a friend had was minor delamination at the toes, early on. She had an eyelet at the ankle flex point rip off. We do serious trailwork all summer. Boots have to hold up. We love these ones so much, so hope that those issues are fixed!

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Syncro GTX versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 3 reviews for other versions of the Syncro GTX. Read all reviews »