Garmont Tower GTX

Awesome boots!! They were comfortable right out of…

Materials: suede, gore-tex
Use: mountaineering for 3 days w/medium weight pack
Break-in Period: none :)

Awesome boots!! They were comfortable right out of the box, and even more so when I used molded inserts. I bought these boots the day prior to mountaineering in the Northern Cascades (thinking that there would be some leather mountaineering boots for rent available in my size, the day before... there weren't), and was a little worried about breaking them in. They felt like sturdy sneakers, and surprisingly didn't need breaking in at all!

The Gore-tex truly kept my feet dry and comfortable through mud, snow, rock, and ice. The only time my feet were wet was when I didn't wear my gaiters properly. I felt secure and stable standing on the lip of rocky ledges with the tips of these boots; traversing on angled snow glaciers was a breeze with crampons.

The best part of these lightweight boots - no blisters/toe-jams/hot-spots! Unbelievable after a full day's descent from the summit to the car...

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Tower GTX versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Tower GTX. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Garmont Women's Tower GTX, please share your experience.

Garmont Women's Tower GTX

The Garmont Women's Tower GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 13, 2013 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.