Garmont Vetta Hike GTX

The worst boots ever! I've had those boots for 2 years,…

Price Paid: 180$

Summary

The worst boots ever!

Cons

• Not durable
  • Not waterproof
  • Long break-in time

I've had those boots for 2 years, but they were practically useless after 4 months and the only reason that I didn't buy new boots is the fact that I couldn't afford it then.

I'm not a great hiker. Those shoes are the first hiking boots I ever owned. I used them in New Zealand and Nepal for a total time of 4 months and for a few weekend long treks, never carrying more than 12Kg on me (and I'm an average sized 25-yr-old woman). I thought that I'm buying good boots for the next several years, but those boots have been a disappointment from the beginning.

It took me about two months to break into them. Got lots of bruises around my ankles and still have to wear very thick socks to prevent those bruises from happening. Although the boots are high they don't seem to hold the foot well, which means that going down is very painful and causes blisters on my toes due to the constant friction with the shoe's front. Also, I noticed that the sole is pretty slippery, and doesn't hold on to the terrain too well.

After using them on several short treks in New Zealand the suede broke in several places near the rubber front. I had to repair them since the shop I bought them from refused to replace them. Since then, the GoreTex was practically not existing, although from the beginning I was suspecting that the shoes were not really waterproof.

In conclusion, the current state of those boots is:

• The Vibram sole is a bit worn — had to repair it
  • Holes in the suede — have patches on them
  • Shoelaces were torn and replaced
  • Almost all the seams are loose

Now I'm looking to buy new hiking boots. I hope that this time I'll own a better pair.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Vetta Hike GTX versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Vetta Hike GTX. Read all reviews »

Garmont's Vetta Hike GTX takes some features from the Vetta family of approach shoes. The lace-to-toe upper design makes the Vetta Hike feel nimble when scrambling and off trail.

- CampSaver.com

Never deal with clunky hiking boots that fail to keep your feet dry in inclement weather, pull on the Vetta Hike GTX hiking boots from Garmont instead. Move with more ability with the approach-shoe-style lace-to-toe design and a grippy Vibram outsole while your feet are protected from slush, puddles and precip by the completely waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX lining.

- Mountain Gear

CLOSEOUTS . Adventure travel just got even more fun thanks to the waterproof breathable Gore-Texand#174; membrane, the agility of a lace-to-toe design and the Vibramand#174; Jabba rubber outsole in Garmont's Vetta Hike hiking boots. Available Colors: GREY. Sizes: 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5, 13, 14.

- Sierra Trading Post

Free Shipping. Garmont Women's Vetta Hike GTX Boot (Fall 2010) SPECIFICATIONS of the Women's Vetta Hike GTX Boot by Garmont Upper: 1.8 mm suede leather + mesh Lining: Gore-tex XCR Sole: Vibram JABBA Component Set: Vibram JABBA Weight: 610 grams (1/2 pair size 81/2 US) Application: Backpacking/All season walking, Adventure travel, All weather hiking use VIBRAM Jabba Component Set Insole: FrameFlex Light: Full length, full width, tapered in the forefoot - gives stability where needed while allowing a friendly walking flex Midsole Perimeter: PU external profile provides shock attenuation, resistance to compression set, stability and maximum resistance to abrasion Midsole Core: EVA core lightens the total weight as well as the swing weight. Lightweight, yet stable. This midsole combination allows for nimble, fast-paced load carrying Outsole: Deep lugs and aggressive heel profile. Wide, spaced self cleaning traction, true heel for braking on descents

The Women's Garmont Vetta Gore-Tex#174; Hiking Boot features a lace-to-toe upper design that makes this boot feel more nimble when scrambling on and off the trail. Offers excellent abrasion protection and durability with its' tough leather and mesh construction. 1.8mm suede leather and mesh upper.Gore-Tex#174; XCR#174; lining provides ideal comfort by keeping your feet dry in any weather conditions.Garmont ADD#174; System (Anatomically Directed Design) - encourages the foot to utilize its own ability to stabilize, absorb shock and propel efficiency. Provides an enhanced fit by better matching the symmetry of the average foot.Shock absorption compression molded EVA midsole with PU perimeter provides stability and cushioning.Vibram#174; Jabba outsole features deep lugs and an aggressive heel profile that provides self-cleaning traction on ascents and true heel support for breaking on descents. Weight: 2 lbs. 2 oz. (pair).

- Campmor

Garmont Women's Vetta Hike GTX

The Women's Vetta Hike GTX has been discontinued.

The Garmont Women's Vetta Hike GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.