Gator Sports Gator Duo

This is awesome. It is microfleece on your neck and…

This is awesome. It is microfleece on your neck and back of head (feels so soft and cozy!), and neoprene in-lined with fleece on face and ears(flexible and warm, good against wind, also soft and cozy).

I have a small and it fits very well (I'm 5'7", 135 lb female), and the Velcro stick-together in back ensures a customized fit to your face no matter what your shape. The velcro isn't annoying at all, and makes it very easy to put on without hassle (personally, I like that it keeps my hair in place without wrecking it while putting it on :-). The microfleece goes to the base of my neck keeping it very warm (like a good scarf, without the bulk).

The neoprene/fleece face part is shaped so that my goggles can fit over it leaving nothing exposed. It also covers to the tip of my ears, which is very nice. The nose part is open downward, so you can breathe easily, but your nose is still covered to the tip.

The mouth has a rectangle of 3x4 holes for breathing. You can tell that you aren't breathing freely, but it was never a problem; I snowboard and snowmachine, and between hitting the slopes and getting stuck in that powder, I could breathe fine. It's great at blocking cold wind, and it fits pretty flush with your head, so it's easy to wear under any type of helmet.

I would recommend this product, it is awesome.

If you've owned or used a Gator Sports Gator Duo, please share your experience.

Gator Sports Gator Duo

The Gator Sports Gator Duo is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 4, 2012 at Ramsey Outdoor.

If you're looking for a new balaclava, check out the best reviewed current models.