This product simply does not work. $12 at Sports Authority…
Source: bought it new
This product simply does not work. $12 at Sports Authority and an entire bottle of it did NOTHING to make a hat rain repellant. Completely worthless product (except it costs $12). There are other less expensive brands that probably DO work. This product does not work.
- It is for sale in Sports Authority (are they an authority?)
- It costs more (do you really get what you pay for?)
- It says "Silicon free" (is that good?)
- It does not work (at all)
- It is expensive (twice what other brands costy)
- The can looks nice and the cashier liked it
Sprayed the product on a fur felt hat and let it dry. The rain soaked the hat. Prima facie that the product does not work. The can says it works on jackets, hats, shoes, waders, tents, and packs. Maybe you need to use five or six cans of it (?). Five cans would be $60 and six cans would be $72. ONE $12 can is definitely worthless.
It is not "instant water proofing" nor is it water repelling. It has no effect at all (one way or another). One might buy a $12 can of water and spray it into the air and a hat would be equally waterproof. (that is .. it is not water proofed at all).
It is made in the USA (is that good?). It is poisonous. BUT, it is PFOA free. Use it worry free because it will do absolutely nothing.