GoLite Demaree Canyon 800 Fill Down Jacket

This is a great 800 fill down jacket! Not too puffy,…

Summary

This is a great 800 fill down jacket! Not too puffy, not too flat for high quality goose down. The Men's M/M is a perfect fit for 5'10"/160lbs.

Pros

• Even/uniform loft, sewn with enough compartments to prevent loft settling.
  • Light weight
  • Very comfortable fit/slim

Cons

• Zipper difficult to engage, still after 3 months.

This jacket fits great. It's cut with a slim torso. Arms are an appropriate length, with nice quality elastic cuffs. The collar's soft micro-fleece inner is very nice, however I expect it to start to get rough and pill from neck scruff friction. The hand pockets are very nice and soft with the same material, but it eventually picks up debris and will really light you up if you catch a hangnail!!!

Manufacturing appears to be of great quality, lots of separated areas to hold the loft in place. The vertical tubing at the side of the torso are great for keeping that core warmth. I find this to be a great insulating layer under a breathable shell when outside temperature is under 30 degrees F. Any higher, you're going to sweat! By itself, it's comfortable into the 30s with a base layer. I don't wear this jacket out as a primary, but I love wearing it around the house in the winter (thermostat=58F).

I would also be concerned with its abrasion resistance, one good briar snag will make you look like you were just in a pillow fight! There is one bungee adjustment around the waist, I've never needed to use it being such a trim fit. No report for water resistance, I never wear down in the rain as an outer. It seems to breathe fair enough comparing to any other down jackets; better than the puffy ones, not quite as good as the flat.

I keep this jacket stowed in its nice stuff sack when temperatures drop when backpacking (great pillow!). Overall, I really like this jacket a lot, however I grumble EVERY time I zip it up. I don't know if it's just this zipper, or this style of YKK zip.

After three months (autumn into winter), no concerns! This product only gets four stars because of that (grumble) zipper.

Just received my jacket (in blue haze) from GoLite…

Just received my jacket (in blue haze) from GoLite and I LOVE it. When I ordered it, I gave the customer service rep my arm and body measurements and she suggested a medium... I am 5'6'' and 135 pounds. It fits perfectly.

It is snug without being tight (I hate how most jackets pull when you put your arms in front of you... this does not), it has a beautiful contour at the waist and is super soft and comfy.  The fleece neck is awesome and soft vs many jackets with the scratchy, stiff necks.

Best of all, I don't feel like a big cream puff wearing it... it is not bulky at all. It is very light and packs down tight yet is really warm.

I tested it out tonight in cold rainy weather and was thrilled with it, especially that rain beaded up on it and I stayed dry. Stylish, warm, practical, cozy... well worth the price. I love it and will wear it as much for daily life as I will backpacking and hiking.

300winmag

As teh owner of an Eddie Bauer First Ascent Down Sweater (the equivalent of the GL Demaree Canyon jacket, I have reservations about buying any down garment the does not have "DWR treated" down. i.e. Dri Down, etc.

1 year ago

Great jacket, no complaints. Incredible jacket. Extremely…

Summary

Great jacket, no complaints.

Pros

• Warm
  • Fashionable
  • Inexpensive

Incredible jacket. Extremely lightweight and fashionable.

I wanted a jacket that looked nice, kept me warm, was lightweight and fit the bill. This one nailed it and has for the last 4 years!

Visit GoLite's Men's Demaree Canyon 800 Fill Down Jacket page.

800 fill goose down Shock cord closure on bottom hem Secure hand warmer pockets Self stow Internal media pocket 115g fill weight Face finished with DWR

- GoLite.com refers to the men's version

The Golite Demaree Canyon jacke is a high performance layering piece with style to match - superior warmth without the bulk. Pack it up and take with you at all times. Great for under the shell or a night on the town.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

All the warmth, none of the weight or bulk, the trim-fitting Demaree Canyon 800 Fill Down Jacket from GoLite maximizes warmth with 800-fill goose down while taking the "puffy? out of puffy jacket with a close-fitting cut that layers well under a shell and honestly just looks good.

- Mountain Gear refers to the men's version

The high desert landscape of western Colorado calls for the lightweight warmth of the GoLite Demaree Canyon 800 Jacket for men. It takes up a small amount of pack space for sunny ultra light hiking during the day, and keeps you warm when temperatures drop at night. Weighing under a pound, this down sweater has a water-resistant Pertex shell and is stuffed with extremely compressible, high loft 800-fill down. Zippered hand pockets keep small essentials secure as you're fast-packing back down the canyon to camp after dark, and a drawcord at the hem seals out chilly breezes as you sit cross-legged next to your alcohol stove, cooking up a big pot of southwest-inspired couscous. Perfect as a midlayer under a waterproof shell jacket in the winter or as an emergency puffy at a cold belay station, the GoLite Men's Demaree Canyon 800 Fill Down Jacket stuffs into the included stuff sack so you'll always have it in your pack in case of an unplanned bivy.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version