GoLite Endurance Zip Top

I had this as my insulating layer for my previous…

Fabric: 100% polyester
Price Paid: SGD 99

I had this as my insulating layer for my previous guided expedition to the Szechuan mountain range in China. I layered this on top of my next to skin layer (a GoLite C-Thru Lite). I topped it off with an Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket while on the move.

Personally, I do not notice any superiority this shirt has as compared to any other tops I had before, functions-wise. Rather it's the design that makes it a favourite. It's light compared to other heavy fleece as your insulating layer. By the way, who needs heavy fleece while on the move. A light layer like this would be enough to keep you warm without over-heating.

Oh yes, the temperature that I was in hovered around freezing point. And it's mainly used for climbing activities in the range of 4000m to 6000m.

With a half length front zipper, stretch Lycra throughout, and the superior moisture wicking and evaporation properties of C-Thru, the CTE Zip Top is an extremely versatile choice for a variety of cool or cold weather activities. It can be worn alone or as a base layer. Weight: LG 12oz / 340g

GoLite Endurance Zip Top

The Endurance Zip Top has been discontinued.

The GoLite Endurance Zip Top is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 30, 2006 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new base layer top, check out the best reviewed current models.