GoLite Galaxy Pack

I bought my GoLite for a 5 day spring trek into the…

Design: Top-loading internal
Size: 62L
Max. Load Carried: 45lbs
Height of Owner: 6'4"

I bought my GoLite for a 5 day spring trek into the Flat Tops wilderness area in Colorado, but it has become my 'go-to' pack for just about any trip.

The combination of features and comfort with the very low weight is hard to beat. The weight made it much easier for me to justify bringing a 4-season tent, which allowed me to be much more comfortable in camp. I am 6'4" tall, and found the Long version of the pack to be very flexible in its setup and adjusting it to fit my torso length was easy and intuitive.

The pack has plenty of attachment points for additional gear, a useful separate sleeping bag compartment, and an internal hydration bladder sleeve. One drawback of it's design is that the top portion of the pack is not removable for use as a daypack/fanny pack, as most of it's competitors offer. It can carry a heavy load and is well-built.

They are hard to find these days, but if you see one on ebay or the like, I recommend picking it up.

GoLite Galaxy Pack

The Galaxy Pack has been discontinued.

The GoLite Galaxy Pack is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 13, 2007 at Moosejaw.