GoLite Gamut Jacket

I bought the last generation of this jacket from STP…

Fabric: Trinity 3 layer
Fill: none

I bought the last generation of this jacket from STP on clearance nearly a year ago. This is a no-nonsense, light-weight jacket, with only two pockets and nothing else, no hem or cuff adjustments. Mine was a Large, but was fitted, so the lack of hem adj. was no big deal. Length is short (active fit) with long sleeves (important to keep the water out), but covers enough to leave me dry at the waist.

The trinity fabric is beautiful, durable and eminently functional: super stretchy and breathable and yet very wind-proof (tested to 50 mph). My jacket had a problem, but Golite really shined in customer service.

My jacket had a flaw in the DWR at the cuffs and half way up the forearms. Water soaked through (finally used it to adjust lawn sprinklers), yet the jacket was completely waterproof everywhere else.

STP no longer had the jacket, so I contacted Golite directly. I simply explained the problem via email, and Golite apologized and asked me to return the Gamut for a new one (newest generation) free of charge! I only paid to ship.

GoLite sent me a replacement for my first purchase w/in a week! The new one has velcro cuff adjustments and is perfect. This is one of the finest no-nonsense jackets out there! Golite has a customer for life. A great value at 4x's what I paid for it.

If you've owned or used a GoLite Gamut Jacket, please share your experience.

GoLite Gamut Jacket

The Gamut Jacket has been discontinued.

$125.00 (men's)

The GoLite Gamut Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 31, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.