GoLite Gauntlet Jacket

The GoLite Gauntlet is one great piece of rain gear.

Fabric: Super-DWR treated, 3 layer Trinity 3 way stretch

The GoLite Gauntlet is one great piece of rain gear. Even if the forecast calls for a chilly overcast or sunny day I still consider bringing it out with me. I've put this jacket through the gauntlet and, needless to say, it lived up to its name.

The 3-way stretch of the Trinity has allowed me to backpack multiple weeks straight wearing it without discomfort. For 3-season day hikes this jacket is a no brainier! Weighing in at less than a pound and a half (1lb. 7oz.) and a stuff sack this jacket fits the bill for any 3-season outdoor expedition. I wrote this passage in my rite-in-the-rain notebook on day nine of a fifteen day solo backpacking trip.

"Since I ascended (~2000ft.) from Fontana Dam the conditions have been constant."..."9 straight days of walking in clouds with very few breaks of sunshine."..."I wake up to, hike all day in , eat my lunch in light rain. This could be the best weather I've ever been out in!"..."My GoLite is out preforming every piece of gear I have with me. If there were a game ball for this trip, I'd go to my Gauntlet."

It has outstanding breathability! The Gauntlet combines the best of a soft-shell, with the water resistance of a light rain jacket with added benefit of having big pit-zips.

Of the 18 months I have owned the Gauntlet my appreciation and affection for it has grown. As time passes good gear is remembered but great gear never dies.

If you've owned or used a GoLite Gauntlet Jacket, please share your experience.

GoLite Gauntlet Jacket

The Gauntlet Jacket has been discontinued.

The GoLite Gauntlet Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 29, 2013 at Second Ascent.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.