GoLite Gauntlet Jacket

The GoLite Gauntlet is one great piece of rain gear.

Fabric: Super-DWR treated, 3 layer Trinity 3 way stretch

The GoLite Gauntlet is one great piece of rain gear. Even if the forecast calls for a chilly overcast or sunny day I still consider bringing it out with me. I've put this jacket through the gauntlet and, needless to say, it lived up to its name.

The 3-way stretch of the Trinity has allowed me to backpack multiple weeks straight wearing it without discomfort. For 3-season day hikes this jacket is a no brainier! Weighing in at less than a pound and a half (1lb. 7oz.) and a stuff sack this jacket fits the bill for any 3-season outdoor expedition. I wrote this passage in my rite-in-the-rain notebook on day nine of a fifteen day solo backpacking trip.

"Since I ascended (~2000ft.) from Fontana Dam the conditions have been constant."..."9 straight days of walking in clouds with very few breaks of sunshine."..."I wake up to, hike all day in , eat my lunch in light rain. This could be the best weather I've ever been out in!"..."My GoLite is out preforming every piece of gear I have with me. If there were a game ball for this trip, I'd go to my Gauntlet."

It has outstanding breathability! The Gauntlet combines the best of a soft-shell, with the water resistance of a light rain jacket with added benefit of having big pit-zips.

Of the 18 months I have owned the Gauntlet my appreciation and affection for it has grown. As time passes good gear is remembered but great gear never dies.

Visit GoLite's Gauntlet Jacket page.

This fully protective shell features Golite s 3-Layer stretch Trinity fabric that is waterproof and breathable. Features technical styling with a zip-off hood and reinforcement panels on the shoulders and arms. CLOSEOUT Weight: 1 lb 7 oz. | 652 gFit: Semi-Fitted Features:Fully seam tapedRemovable hoodReinforced abrasion-resistant panels2-way pit zips

- Second Ascent

Waterproof, breathable protection for those of us who want to travel fast and light, the GoLite Gauntlet Jacket for Men weights in at just over a pound, providing reliable shelter from the elements. Reinforced abrasion resistant panels and 2-way pit zips makes this 4-way stretch shell durable, comfortable, and ready for adventure.

- Altrec Outdoors

This fully protective shell features the 3-layer stretch Trinity fabric that's waterproof and breathable. Features technical styling with a zip-off hood and reinforced panels on the shoulders and arms. A polyurethane membrane is laminated between two layers of bonded four-way stretch polyester and treated with a super-DWR, resulting in a fabric with excellent stretch and waterproof protection, plus more breathability than regular storm shells. Trinity was developed with comfort in mind the stretch allows for terrific range of motion regardless of the activity, and the waterproof protection keeps you warm and dry whatever the weather. Testing on the Trinity fabric indicates a waterproof level of 10,000mm and a breathability level of 10,000 g/m� /24 hours.

- SunnySports

Free Shipping. GoLite Men's Gauntlet Jacket (Spring 2009) The Gauntlet Jacket by GoLite features their hybrid 3-layer stretch waterproof breathable Trinity fabric in a technical style with a zip-off hood. Specifications: Materials: Trinity 3-layer waterproof, breathable stretch with DWR,100% 3-layer abrasion fabric Fit: Semi-fitted Weight: M: 1 lb 8 oz / 680 g Use: Mountaineering, ice climbing, skiing, snowshoeing, backpacking Features: Taped Seams Zip off adjustable hood with draw cord Adjustable hem with draw cord Pit zips Outer fabric reinforced on highly used areas

GoLite Gauntlet Jacket

The Gauntlet Jacket has been discontinued.

The GoLite Gauntlet Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 29, 2013 at Second Ascent.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.