GoLite Helios Wind Jacket

I'm not positive that this is the model that I own;…

Fabric: Epic
Fill: n/a
Price Paid: ?

I'm not positive that this is the model that I own; this jacket best fits the description. Either way, I bought a GoLite jacket in '02 so I can trail run in the rain and snow. It was a super glow-in-the-dark green and blue and was hooded. The material was Epic; made 100% from polyester.

What I found is that the jacket is remarkably waterproof and is still breathable. Furthermore, I hardly felt the jacket because it is only 3-4 oz and fits great.

I have the Patagonia Houdini now but if I saw a good deal on a GoLite jacket like this, I would jump on it in a second. GoLite kept the design simple but put small features in the jacket that meant a lot. The stiff brim on the hood is great, meaning that I don't need to wear a hat to support the hood. The elastic cuffs and well-placed cinches are a nice touch as well.

Light. Waterproof. Breathable.

Apply to body in case of precipitation or wind.

Weighing in at an airy 3.5 ounces, this ultra-lite champ offers excellent protection when the elements catch you by surprise. The hooded Helios jacket is so lightweight: and packs down so small there's never a reason to leave it behind. Weight: LG 3.5oz / 100g Wisp 15 x 40 denier acrylic coated ripstop nylon with DWR Windproof #3 coil YKK full front zipper with draft flap Elasticized waist and cuff Raglan sleeves Trim adjustable hood Internal security pocket Self-stowing Fabric loop inside pocket for attaching to carabiners Stuffs to .22 liters

CLOSEOUTS . How can a few ounces of fabric stop a fierce headwind? GoLite's Wisp™ acrylic-coated ripstop nylon holds the secret. Amazingly ultralight, windproof jacket packs element-stopping power without sacrificing packability (stuffs to the size of an energy bar!). Elastic waist and cuffs Drawcord Billed hood Length: 28-½” Weight: 3.5 oz. 100% nylon CLOSEOUTS . China. Size: S(36-39) M(39-42) L(42-45) XL(45-48) Unisex sizing, women order next size smaller.

- Sierra Trading Post

GoLite Helios Wind Jacket

The Helios Wind Jacket has been discontinued.

The GoLite Helios Wind Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 17, 2006 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new wind shirt, check out the best reviewed current models.