GoLite Infinity Pack

I bought the pack used from another Trailspace member…

Golite-infinity.jpg

I bought the pack used from another Trailspace member and just wanted to add a picture to the packs review.

The big reasons I give this a 5 star rating are 1)…

Design: top loading ultra light
Size: XS (Aprox 2100 ci)
Number of Pockets: 2 back, 1 top, 2 side
Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs including water
Height of Owner: 5'5"
Price Paid: $18 NO KIDDING!

The big reasons I give this a 5 star rating are 1) weight of the bag and 2) the unbelievable price I paid for it!

I was at an REI in Mahattan Beach, CA, and there it was on a table with a bunch of marked down "crap". I noticed it was sized XS. I put it on, walked over to the area where I could add weight to it tried it out and fell in love with it! I looked it over for damage, there was none so I quickly purchased it. When I got home I went on-line and did some research, and found to my surprise I had made a good buy.

That was a year ago. I have used this bag from day hikes to 4 day adventures. I have pushed it to the limit of stuffing, and it still works and feels comfortable. It has been in the rain and did not leak so I'm guessing it is waterproof as well.

One last feature that I really like is the removable back support sheet. I actually prefer it without the support, if I pack right. Now this bag is ultra light, and might get a rip if you're extra rough with it, but all in all, great bag!

I've used the GoLite Infinity pack for appx 1 1/2…

Design: Top loading
Size: mens large, 3250 cu in
Number of Pockets: 3, 2 vertical front pockets 1 top pocket
Max. Load Carried: appx. 28 lbs including food/water. I only use a tarp or trail shelters
Height of Owner: 5'10"

I've used the GoLite Infinity pack for appx 1 1/2 years. I really enjoy using it and found it to be very comfortable. It does take a little effort to pack after using a full sized Dana Glacier pack for four years, but I am adjusting.

The pack is well made but due to lightweight construction it is NOT bombproof! Both upper daisey chains tore through the pack fabric in a short time. I only use these for hanging a liter nalgene bottle and the weight of 1 liter seems to be too much. The daisey chains are sewn in three places and are backed by three small pieces of nylon. I sent my pack back to GoLite and they sent a new pack. I spoke with someone in customer relations and suggested that they use one piece of heavier nylon. I will refrain from using the daisey chains for any purpose other than very light articles.

Other than that the pack has been my choice for appx 15 hikes in 1 1/2 years of moderate to rough use.

If you've owned or used a GoLite Infinity Pack, please share your experience.

GoLite Infinity Pack

The Infinity Pack has been discontinued.

The GoLite Infinity Pack is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 2, 2008 at RockCreek.