GoLite Infinity Pack

I bought the pack used from another Trailspace member…

Golite-infinity.jpg

I bought the pack used from another Trailspace member and just wanted to add a picture to the packs review.

The big reasons I give this a 5 star rating are 1)…

Design: top loading ultra light
Size: XS (Aprox 2100 ci)
Number of Pockets: 2 back, 1 top, 2 side
Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs including water
Height of Owner: 5'5"
Price Paid: $18 NO KIDDING!

The big reasons I give this a 5 star rating are 1) weight of the bag and 2) the unbelievable price I paid for it!

I was at an REI in Mahattan Beach, CA, and there it was on a table with a bunch of marked down "crap". I noticed it was sized XS. I put it on, walked over to the area where I could add weight to it tried it out and fell in love with it! I looked it over for damage, there was none so I quickly purchased it. When I got home I went on-line and did some research, and found to my surprise I had made a good buy.

That was a year ago. I have used this bag from day hikes to 4 day adventures. I have pushed it to the limit of stuffing, and it still works and feels comfortable. It has been in the rain and did not leak so I'm guessing it is waterproof as well.

One last feature that I really like is the removable back support sheet. I actually prefer it without the support, if I pack right. Now this bag is ultra light, and might get a rip if you're extra rough with it, but all in all, great bag!

I've used the GoLite Infinity pack for appx 1 1/2…

Design: Top loading
Size: mens large, 3250 cu in
Number of Pockets: 3, 2 vertical front pockets 1 top pocket
Max. Load Carried: appx. 28 lbs including food/water. I only use a tarp or trail shelters
Height of Owner: 5'10"

I've used the GoLite Infinity pack for appx 1 1/2 years. I really enjoy using it and found it to be very comfortable. It does take a little effort to pack after using a full sized Dana Glacier pack for four years, but I am adjusting.

The pack is well made but due to lightweight construction it is NOT bombproof! Both upper daisey chains tore through the pack fabric in a short time. I only use these for hanging a liter nalgene bottle and the weight of 1 liter seems to be too much. The daisey chains are sewn in three places and are backed by three small pieces of nylon. I sent my pack back to GoLite and they sent a new pack. I spoke with someone in customer relations and suggested that they use one piece of heavier nylon. I will refrain from using the daisey chains for any purpose other than very light articles.

Other than that the pack has been my choice for appx 15 hikes in 1 1/2 years of moderate to rough use.

GoLite's Infinity Pack is among the most advanced, ultra-lite framed packs available today, with excellent load transfer and comfort for minimum weight, the Infinity pack will take you where you want to go.

- RockCreek

Free Shipping. GoLite Infinity Pack (Fall 2006) The Infinity Pack by GoLite features the Unlimited Suspension System, the Infinity is the flagship pack of GoLite's Unlimited Series of packs that offer unparalleled stability, strength, and comfort for minimal weight. Among the most technologically advanced full suspension packs available today, the Infinity is extremely durable and ultra-lite with a slew of user-friendly features, like a 3-liter hydration sleeve, watertight zips, dual ice-axe loops and other details that make this an ideal pack for lightweight mountaineering and four season backpacking.Features: X-Pac composite fabric in front pockets, side panels, bottom Arrowhead Cordura ripstop front pockets Padded Brock Foam Hipbelt Top-loading framed backpack Unlimited Suspension System Dual bellowed rear pockets with watertight zippers and stretch mesh gussets Dual ice axe loops with Velcro retention straps Floating top lid with zippered security pocket and stretch panel for snug seal 3-liter hydration sleeve Two side mesh water bottle pockets with angled opening for easy access Three small daisy chains Dual compression straps Sternum strap Haul loop Specs:Size: SSpine Length: 16-18in.Weight: 2 lbs 5 ozVolume: 2850 cu inSize: MSpine Length: 18-20in.Weight: 2 lbs 6 ozVolume: 3050 cu inSize: LSpine Length: 20-22in.Weight: 2 lbs 9 ozVolume: 3250 cu in

The GoLite Infinity Pack is among the most advanced ultra-lightweight frame packs anywhere. Offers great comfort and excellent load transfer, carrying your gear with minimal weight.

- ClimbingGear

This multi-day backpack utilizes one of the most advanced ultra-lite frame systems. Unlimited Suspension System™ features ultra-light materials and framesheet for maximum load-bearing capacity with minimum weight. Pliable, corrugated Polystyrene framesheet with 5 aluminum dowels contours to your spine for added shape, stability, and load-bearing capacity. Suspension shoulder straps, hipbelt and lumbar pad feature BROCK™ 3D air-circulating foam for an unbelievable cooling effect. Shoulder straps and lumbar support are covered with Schoeller® Dryskin Extreme™ for added moisture absorption and increased breathability. Backpanel features a wicking Spacer Mesh foam for ultra-light breathability. Bottom and front pockets are constructed of X-pac™ 3-layer fabric, which has superior abrasion resistance and tensile- and tearing strength. Body is constructed of SilLite HG™, silicone elastomer coated polyester with superior strength-to-weight ratio, waterproofness and tear strength. Top-loading design with a floating lid and a zippered security pocket for easy access to small essentials. Two watertight, zippered front bellowed pockets with stretch mesh expansion panels hold often-used essentials and allows quick and easy access. Pack also features side mesh pockets with angled openings for easier reach. Dual ice axe loops with VELCRO® brand closure retention straps allow you to lash on winter gear. Internal sleeve holds a 3-liter hydration reservoir (sold separately) for hands-free drinking on the trail. Additionally, pack features three small daisy chains, haul loop and dual compression straps for cinching down loads for jostle-free carrying.

GoLite Infinity Pack

The Infinity Pack has been discontinued.

The GoLite Infinity Pack is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 2, 2008 at RockCreek.