The Odyssey is the largest of three full-suspension backpacking, trekking, and mountaineering packs in GoLite’s Venture Series. The Venture packs (Pursuit, Quest, and Odyssey) feature internal frame sheets that can accommodate 40-, 50-, and 60-pound loads and all are 3-liter hydration-compatible.

The Odyssey is GoLite’s lightest full-on load monster and is designed for all-season backpacking, mountaineering, and alpinism. It features two side hydration openings and an internal hydration sleeve; a sleeping bag compartment with removable interior shelf; a front pocket to hold a shovel, shovel handle, skins, or probe; a removable lid with welded watertight zipper for the top pocket; two angled side mesh pockets; the ability to carry skis, snowboards, or snowshoes using side compression straps; a frame sheet with two adjustable aluminum stays; a shaped back panel and hip wings with padding to contour the back and hips; and a contoured, compression molded hip wings that cushion and cup the hips.

The Odyssey uses GoLite’s ComPacktor system, which lets you reduce the pack’s volume through two fixed compression anchor clips that convert a multi-day pack into a day-tripper.

Use all-season backpacking, mountaineering, alpinism
Women’s available in Small and Medium
- Capacity 5000 cu in, compacts to 1350 cu in
- Weight 3 lb 5 oz (1500 g)
Men’s available in Medium and Large
- Capacity 5500 cu in, compacts to 1600 cu in
- Weight 3 lb 8 oz (1590 g)

I love this pack. Fits perfectly and easy to adjust.

Summary

I love this pack. Fits perfectly and easy to adjust. Gear is easily accessible w/ the sleeping bag compartment on the bottom. Great water bottle pockets on the sides. Very comfortable.

Pros

Cons

• Haven't found any

This is a great affordable pack. It is nice and lightweight for women.

I am so glad I have finally found a pack that is light…

Max. Load Carried: 25 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 8"

I am so glad I have finally found a pack that is light and will carry enough gear! I am an avid lightweight fan but my load doesn't quite pack down to the Jam line of packs... this was perfect. It feels comfortable and the green color is great. My torso is 17.5 and I got a Medium, it fits great... the straps seem secure unlike on the cheapy pack I've hiked the PCT two summers with. This one is about 1/3 the weight while still big enough. I love how it compresses down.

One thing to consider though is hip size... I think I'm about average or on the narrow side (33 inches circumference) and the padding just barely covers the bony part, if I had a bit wider hips I think the hip belt would rub on the sticky out part of my hip bones... which fortunately it doesn't , but the padding doesn't go around as far as on any other packs I've seen.

Overall a good solution for fast paced hikers that need a lightweight highly compressible big journey backpack ! I 'm taking it into the Andes next, we'll see how it holds up!

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Odyssey versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Odyssey. Read all reviews »