GoLite Phantom Jacket

This is a great jacket, super light and packable.

Fabric: PacLite

This is a great jacket, super light and packable. You can take it anywhere and count on it to keep out the elements. I used it doing winter dolphin surveys in the Atlantic from a small boat. The waves repeatedly came over the bow and blasted us with frigid water, but I stayed warm and dry wearing this jacket over a fleece.

I used it in the India's side of Himalaya this April.

Fabric: Gore-Tex PacLite
Price Paid: SGD300

I used it in the India's side of Himalaya this April. The best thing about this jacket is the wired hood that is stiff and stands out like a mini visor. As you turn your head the hood will turn too. This ensures that you have unobstructed vision when it is raining out there. I have seen many other manufacturers' hood design, still none has a functional design like this one. Even my more expensive Arc'Teryx Beta AR's hood can't match this.

As you would expect from GoLite, this jacket really packed small and is very breathable. I think this is one of the best jacket you can buy for your wet weather outdoor pursuit. If I could wear it to 4550m high up in the Himalaya mountain, I'm pretty sure that you can use it for all your backpacking/trekking trips.

GoLite Phantom Jacket

The Phantom Jacket has been discontinued.

$220.00 (men's)

The GoLite Phantom Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 21, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.